Ship Time vs. Local Time

travelling_txgal

I know that "ship time" is what counts but I have a question regarding ship time vs. local time and since numbers make my head hurt, I need a little help. 

We will be in Ocho Rios in February and have booked a resort day pass. The transfer time to return to the ship is stated as 2 hours before the ship's departure. Since the resort is on local time, would that mean we would still have 3 hours before departure according to ship time?

We are sailing out of Galveston which is 1 hour behind Ocho Rios. Our itinerary states we'll be in port from 8:00-4:00. So will we depart from the resort at 2:00 local time, which is 1:00 ship time or am I misunderstanding this whole thing? 

I am asking for planning purposes. We would like to do something else before we leave Jamaica and need to see if we would have time. This is was not an issue on our previous trips so anyone with experience who could help us figure it out, is greatly appreciated. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We've been one quite a few cruises and ship time and local time are always the same right?  What am I missing?  I've never had to convert time during the day.  Time changes always have happened at night when we were on board.