Closest Beach

JulieJulie311

I am booked on the Power Cat Excursion on NCL that goes to Turtle Cove, Honeymoon Beach and one other snorkel spot.  But - that gets us back to the ship at 1 and we are in port until 6.  What is the closest beach?  I have heard it might be Meaghan's Bay - but I do know that is about a half hour away.

Can anyone suggest a closer beach?  Or have better travel time estimates (is 30 mins right?  Its a Tuesday...  Do they have rush hour.. we would probably leave a t 4 to be safe...)

Also - do they charge you to walk on the beach?

TIA

The Norwegian Bliss docks at Havensight/ West Indian Co. dock. The closest beach is Bolongo. Other close beaches are Lindbergh (where Emerald Beach hotel is) and Magens (not sure it's really 30 min). Magens has a charge because it part of a territorial park system. No charge (other than renting a chair or buying food and drink) at Lindbergh.

Would taxi to either Magens, or to one of the East end beaches like Sapphire or Secret Harbor (Sapphire would be our choice). Sapphire and SH are home to condo properties and the beach is open to the public, no entry fees and both offer food & drinks. 20 - 30 minute taxi, leaving at 4 would leave you plenty of time...