Tours to multiple places in ocho rios

redandrea7119

Hi

Whilst in port in ocho rios (arrival 9am/departure 5pm as per ships itinary) we are hoping to go to dunns river falls, blue hole and the bobsled on mystic mountain. 2 adults and an11 year old child. Please could I get advice re:

1. Is it feasible to do all 3 in the time we will have - once disembarked and getting back on ship the required 30 or 60 mins before departure?

2. Is it best to hire a tour guide/driver for the whole day or get taxis to and from each location.

3. How much is a reasonable expected amount to pay for each of the above alternatives? (The entrance fee for the 3 of us is $61 Dunns River; $184 Mystic mountain bobsled and $45 Blue Hole - so $290 for entrance fees - how much on top for all day driver or taxi to each place and back to port.

4. Recommended companies if goung for all day driver - already contacted and awaiting reply from Jacques Tours and Marvyns Paradise. Any other companies recommended.

5. Do these companies guarantee that they will get you back to your ship on time and what do you tell them re what time to meet you given you don't know how long from arrival in port it will take to clear customs etc and disembark.

Thanks for any tips

Andrea 

That's an ambitious itinerary for only 8 hours in Jamaica. Dunns River and Mystic Mountain are both very close to the pier and within a mile of each other (as is Dolphin Cove). You can easily spend over an hour at each place (probably even longer at Mystic - especially if you want to eat, zip line, swim, or ride the bob sled ride again).

The Blue Hole is at least a 30 minute drive from the pier (over some difficult roads). The White River tubing is right there too (actually the same river). That would be fun too.

I would definitely hire a driver/tour guide for the day. He will wait for you at each attraction. Lots of them and most will take great care of you and your group. I have no specific recommendation though. Don't forget to tip your driver!

On 1/14/2019 at 4:22 PM, redandrea7119 said:

Hi

Whilst in port in ocho rios (arrival 9am/departure 5pm as per ships itinary) we are hoping to go to dunns river falls, blue hole and the bobsled on mystic mountain. 2 adults and an11 year old child. Please could I get advice re:

1. Is it feasible to do all 3 in the time we will have - once disembarked and getting back on ship the required 30 or 60 mins before departure?

2. Is it best to hire a tour guide/driver for the whole day or get taxis to and from each location.

3. How much is a reasonable expected amount to pay for each of the above alternatives? (The entrance fee for the 3 of us is $61 Dunns River; $184 Mystic mountain bobsled and $45 Blue Hole - so $290 for entrance fees - how much on top for all day driver or taxi to each place and back to port.

4. Recommended companies if goung for all day driver - already contacted and awaiting reply from Jacques Tours and Marvyns Paradise. Any other companies recommended.

5. Do these companies guarantee that they will get you back to your ship on time and what do you tell them re what time to meet you given you don't know how long from arrival in port it will take to clear customs etc and disembark.

Thanks for any tips

Andrea 

Although I haven't personally been to Mystic Mountain I have researched it a lot and think that activity would take the longest time. I did Dunns, Blue Hole, and Scotchies from Falmouth port which is over an hour drive away so you can definitely do it from Ocho Rios. BTW, I would recommend Ocho Rios Jerk Centre over Scotchies too. 🙂

I would highly recommend Javia Shaw for a driver/tour guide. I have toured with him on a private tour on 2 ocassions.

Him and his Mom run https://knowjamaica.com/about-us/

I think you would be best to pick just two so that you aren't cutting it too close.  We've been three times and our drivers always get us back in time - I wouldn't say they guarantee it but their livelihood depends on it so they are very aware of the need to be back on time.  Our last two visits we've used Ricardo Riley with libertytoursjamaica.com and he was wonderful.  You can tell he loves what he does - makes sure you are safe and comfortable and having fun.  Hope you have a great trip!

We definitely try our best to ensure you make it back to the ship on time as the previous poster said our livelihoods depend on it. All the activities you mentioned can be done in your timeframe. For transportation cost US$40 each is reasonable for this tour.  We would be delighted to provide your guide.