Easy package tips/tricks

punkrocknow

We just booked our first MSC cruise (Seaside) with included Easy Package for drinks.  Overall we are good with the limited selection as we are not big on sugary cocktails.  However, for the occasional frozen drink I have read that you can request a virgin drink and a shot of booze (I presume you simply mix yourself).  Per MSC drink packages, it seems this is certainly an option.

I have searched through the boards and seen a few suggest this, but was wondering if anyone has some real world experience with this.  How do the bartenders respond to such a request?  Do they roll their eyes and make it for you?  It seems silly that you would have to request two drinks and mix yourself, but these are the rules to the game I guess.

20 minutes ago, kiminey65 said:

I don't think the virgin frozen drinks are included in the Easy pkg. It's sodas, water, energy drinks, juice.....

Unlimited consumption of selected drinks! 
Savor the freedom to satisfy your thirst at any moment with a dedicated selection of house wines by the glass, one brand of draft beer (Heineken*) and/or Miller Lite bottled beer (for Caribbean itineraries only), selected spirits and cocktails, non-alcoholic cocktails, soft drinks and fruit juices by the glass, bottled mineral water, classic hot drink (espresso, cappuccino, cafe latte, hot tea) and coffee and hot chocolate drinks. You can take advantage of this offer in all onboard bars, as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, excluding specialty restaurants.

2 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Unlimited consumption of selected drinks! 
Savor the freedom to satisfy your thirst at any moment with a dedicated selection of house wines by the glass, one brand of draft beer (Heineken*) and/or Miller Lite bottled beer (for Caribbean itineraries only), selected spirits and cocktails, non-alcoholic cocktails, soft drinks and fruit juices by the glass, bottled mineral water, classic hot drink (espresso, cappuccino, cafe latte, hot tea) and coffee and hot chocolate drinks. You can take advantage of this offer in all onboard bars, as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, excluding specialty restaurants.

WOW. I did not see that before (or notice it). At times like this I love it when I am wrong.