Baja balcony, Caribbean Princess

SetAnOpenCourse

We’re planning to book a Baja deck starboard balcony, aft but very close to mid ship.  I’m looking for feedback on these concerns:

Is there much chance of smelling cigarette smoke while on our balcony?

How many levels of balconies on lower decks do you see?  I think on this ship design I unfortunately won’t be able to see the bow wave from the balcony railing, but if the view has multiple levels of balconies looking down, I may switch.

About how much of the balcony is covered by the balcony on the deck above?

It is  30 square feet smaller than the BD I considered on Caribe deck.  In which part of the cabin is the space “lost”?

Are there any particular advantages  or disadvantages to this deck/location?

Edited by SetAnOpenCourse

1 hour ago, SetAnOpenCourse said:

We’re planning to book a Baja deck starboard balcony, aft but very close to mid ship.  I’m looking for feedback on these concerns:

Is there much chance of smelling cigarette smoke while on our balcony?

No smoke. Smoking areas are far removed from Baja deck balconies and there is no smoking in any cabin nor on any balcony.

How many levels of balconies on lower decks do you see?  I think on this ship design I unfortunately won’t be able to see the bow wave from the balcony railing, but if the view has multiple levels of balconies looking down, I may switch.

Decks 9 & 10 will be in your sight if you stand at the balcony railing and look straight down. The only deck where you can look pretty much straight down at the water is deck 9 and a few cabins aft on deck 8. Even then there are portions of the life boats visible. The bow wave is not really visible from any deck other than from the promenade, deck 7.

About how much of the balcony is covered by the balcony on the deck above?

The entire balcony is covered.

It is  30 square feet smaller than the BD I considered on Caribe deck.  In which part of the cabin is the space “lost”?

No part of the interior space is lost. Baja deck balconies are 9'x5'. Caribe deck balconies are 9'x9' with 5' covered and 4' not covered. The interiors  of almost all balcony category cabins are the same.

Are there any particular advantages  or disadvantages to this deck/location?

It's a nice location. We normally go for the Caribe deck, deck 10, for the larger balcony, but either one is nice.

Extra note:

Search the deck plans on Princess.com. Some cabins have connecting doors. Some have some special notes shown in red when you select the cabin.

see above.