EZ Link or Tourist Pass? Singapore for 5 days

Unibok

In a few weeks I will arrive in Singapore for 5 days pre-cruise, and I am trying to figure out if I will be better served by an EZ Link or a Tourist Pass. For those of you who know the difference, what are the pros and cons of each? What are the reasons to purchase the EZ Link instead of the Tourist Pass? Or, for those of you who believe the opposite, what are the reasons to purchase a Tourist Pass instead of the EZ Link? They both look good, so I'd like to hear which is better.

All insights are welcome, with thanks,

Hearing crickets, I'm going to attempt to answer my own question in case anyone else needs this information.

This blogger explains how to make the extra cost of the Tourist Pass worth it: https://kakees.com/worth-get-singapore-tourist-pass/. In short, if you are visiting 2 locations per day, totaling 3 "trips," then it is worth it. Otherwise, stick with the EZ Link.

This other blogger explains how she made the best use of it as well: https://wanderwisdom.com/travel-destinations/The-Singapore-Tourist-Pass-Your-Passport-to-Unlimited-Rides. One day, she used it as a sort of Hop-on-Hop-Off just to see things as they emerged. As she explains, each "day" starts when you use it until midnight, so it is best to save it for full days.

With these perspectives, I think I'll get a 3-day Tourist Pass for my 3 full days in Singapore -- since I don't plan to visit places that take all day (like Sentosa or Universal Studios) and I do plan to travel around. For the short days of arriving at the airport around 6:00 pm and getting to the cruise terminal around noon to embark, I'll either get an EZ link or take a cab.

Hoping this helps other travelers,

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sddsddean said:

If you get the Tourist pass, it gives unlimited travel on metro and buses for the period. At the end of the time, you can get the 'deposit' you initially paid for the card, back from the ticket office. Its 10SGD.

Simon

Thank you, Simon!