Wi-Fi Calling

Cruisepm

I am about to book my first MSC cruise on the Seaside in the Yacht Club. I am currently elite plus on Celebrity. I usually purchase unlimited internet on Celebrity and use AT&T wi-fi calling the entire cruise to check in with family. If I purchase unlimited internet on Seaside will I be able to use AT&T wi-fi calling?

Thanks. 

There is no "unlimited" internet.  I bought a 13GB package on the Seaview in November/December and we were able to use WIFI calling and it worked just fine.  It really did not use that much data either.  It was really quite cool t be calling home from the middle of the ocean and the people at home seeing my own number coming through on the call.

10 hours ago, kevinrobedm said:

There is no "unlimited" internet.  I bought a 13GB package on the Seaview in November/December and we were able to use WIFI calling and it worked just fine.  It really did not use that much data either.  It was really quite cool t be calling home from the middle of the ocean and the people at home seeing my own number coming through on the call.

On the UK website there is unlimited yet again it seems that different countries have different experiences this was taken from MSC UK Web Page 

Unlimited Internet Cruise Package (including MSC Ocean Cay)
Book now and save 20% vs. onboard price! 
  • Duration: entire cruise 
  • Data limit: unlimited 
  • One device at a time 
Benefits: 
This cruise package gives you access to unlimited web surfing, email access, social media access, Youtube and all apps. It can be used only on one device at a time. This package does not allow video streaming (e.g. access to websites such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Audible, Hulu etc.).
Read less
Per adult £ 137.00

In my MSC UK account shows the unlimted package as costing 173 per adult,I guess it's because I am on a 2 week cruise?

• One device at a time
Benefits: 
This cruise package gives you access to unlimited web surfing, email access, social media access, Youtube and all apps. It can be used only on one device at a time. This package does not allow video streaming (e.g. access to websites such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Audible, Hulu etc.).

Read less

Per adult £ 173.00
Per child £ 173.00
Edited by giorgio1996

40 minutes ago, giorgio1996 said:

In my MSC UK account shows the unlimted package as costing 173 per adult,I guess it's because I am on a 2 week cruise?

• One device at a time
Benefits: 

Read less

Per adult £ 173.00
Per child £ 173.00

I am in YC in May for 1 week and the above is what is showing in my experiences on my account. 

14 minutes ago, giorgio1996 said:

I guess we are both being robbed then.... At least in my case I could argue that it should last 2 weeks...

I would say so as I only have 1 week unless you are on a B2B then the price is only for 1 week and you would need to pay again for you second week that is where the wording is  misleading, for what I have read on these boards is that anyone who is on for 2 weeks have to disembark after their first week and then go through security to embark again for their 2nd week maybe I have got this wrong  hopefully someone  has done this and  there is further charges for the wifi. 

19 hours ago, Scot born said:

I would say so as I only have 1 week unless you are on a B2B then the price is only for 1 week and you would need to pay again for you second week

I will be really p****d off if it only lasts for 1 week, my account details state duration : entire length of the cruise and my cruise details are 15 days. Can't see anything regarding this as classed as back2back, it was booked from the beginning as one cruise of 15 days duration. 

On 1/21/2019 at 9:48 AM, giorgio1996 said:

What was the price you booked it for? I guess you were quoted in US$?

It was $181.50 USD for 1 person for a 7 day cruise.  It also had the language saying "Save 20% vs. onboard price".

Edited by Quinlan00

We are on the Meraviglia this March. After loggin into our account , cannot see any internet packages to pre purchase. Our travel agent sent me info on the two packages available but still unable to add to our booking. Do any of you have the same thing happening to you?

3 minutes ago, phissy said:

We are on the Meraviglia this March. After loggin into our account , cannot see any internet packages to pre purchase. Our travel agent sent me info on the two packages available but still unable to add to our booking. Do any of you have the same thing happening to you?

I have a 10 day on Divina coming up in about 3 weeks that I had booked last May. Up until earlier this week I had 2 options for internet available to purchase online: Standard or Premium. Logged in yesterday to find both of those packages gone and only the Unlimited plan showing for $169 USD per person and 1 device. 

I called MSC to see if I could still purchase one of the "old" plans and she said sure- you can get Standard or Premium. I asked for premium and verified price with her. After several minutes waiting for it to process, she tells me she is having trouble adding it and she asked if I was an agent. When I said no, she said I had to have my TA add it for me. Weird, but okay. Had my TA call them up a short time later and successfully added premium at $114.30. 

MSC wifi.png