Symphony cabin..port or starboard? Favorite deck for balcony?

amyhphoto

I have an opportunity to upgrade to a 1C cabin on almost any deck.(14, 12, 11, 9, 8, 6)  I'm currently on Deck 6/forward and like the idea of being so close to the gym, kids camp, promenade, central park, boardwalk, etc. I'm wondering what your favorite deck is for a balcony and why, so I can think through my options and make the best choice. Also, I have NO IDEA which side is more desireable and why? So PORT or STARBOARD and why? Thanks so much for your opinions. 

I don't think port or starboard matters much.  We were on Symphony in December and had a balcony on Deck 8, a few cabins aft of the elevators, port side.  It was  a great location, very near the Central Park area and the optional restaurants.  Alan loved it because it was only a little walk to the Central Park Cafe where he could get coffee first thing in the morning without having to take an elevator.  We liked being a distance from things like gym, kids club etc. but your probably have different preferences.

BTW, we loved this cruise, outstanding entertainment and restaurants, both optional and regular.

Sue Ann

Edited by Trainer

Symphony docks on the Starboard side every time except once per month (this is from the Captain's talk last week on the Symphony).  Once a month, they have to lower the lifeboats to make sure they're working properly. If you like dockside, your odds are better booking starboard but no guarantee.  We prefer not facing the dock.  

We were in 8140 on deck 8 (port) forward of the forward elevators.  I would book any cabin on deck 8 except for those right by the entrance to the aft elevator corridor because that's where Dazzles is located.  It's a great place to go for music, but it could be noisy right by that area.  Deck 8 was great for a quick walk to the Central Park area.  

Side of the ship really makes no difference.  The ships don't always dock in the same direction at every port. 

We like to be on a deck closest to where we plan to spend the majority of DAYTIME hours, as that seems to be when you do the most "running back and forth" to the cabin.  Makes life easier if you're close to stairs and elevators, too.

Most of the cabins are well separated from the public areas, so noise isn't a huge issue for most cabins.