Cococay Bungalow or Clamshell

Ronaldo807

Looking for more recent information

Are the bungalows and the clamshells on the same beach?

Is this the same beach that some people complain about when the water is at low tide?

Do you still reserve your lunch and bungalow on the ship beforehand? Do the clamshells also have lunch delivered to them?

Do you get an attendant if you have a bungalow?

How far away is the nearest bar? Is that bar busy from your experience?

How far away are the restrooms?

Thank You!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can speak to most of these based on my cruise last April when we rented a beach bungalow when visiting CocoCay with Majesty.  

The bungalows are on the quiet, far side of the island - yes, on the same beach as the clamshells and beach beds, but further down the beach. 

As of that time we got to choose food from a menu ahead of time and it was delivered at the time we requested. At the time of that sailing, I don't think the clamshells offered the same meal-order option.

You don't get a dedicated attendant, but someone was walking around offering drinks every now and then to all the bungalow guests.

Restrooms are very close. A bar is close, too.. it didn't appear to be as fully stocked as other bars, but more than adequate. The bar was not busy at all. Almost nobody. That part of the island was super quiet and almost empty all day. Granted, this was with a sailing on Majesty (i.e. fewer people), but I'd imagine it would be similar to other situations since there are only so many bungalows, etc. they can rent out.

I'll be back this coming April on Mariner, so I can update this if anything is different! Hope that helps.