Questions about Jewel of the Seas

Astromaid

I know that Windjammer is usually very crowded on embarkation day, is the main dining room open for lunch on this day? What about the sandwiches and pizza at the solarium, is this available during embarkation? We will be doing a 16 day cruise, does the menu for dinner in the main dining room repeat during this time? Does anyone know if it is like a seven day rotation? Since there is not a Johnny Rockets on the Jewel, is there another option to get shakes? 

MDR  is not open for lunch on embarkation day.

The Solarium Cafe will be open with snacks, but it might open a bit later than Windjammer.

I know they have at least 14 different MDR menus.  There may be some repeat entrees, but they are mostly different.

There is a specialty coffee station that has ice cream,  for a fee, but the snack food is usually free there.  Since they serve ice cream, i bet you can get a milkshake.  I have gotten the frozen coffee drinks from there.  Hope that helps.  Try the specialty restaurants, the;y are good. On our upcoming 10 day we are eating in specialty on day 1, 2 (first formal night) and the last night.  We  do tip our MDR wait staff the next to last night,  We go into meet them  on the first night to let them know why we are not there.  Jewel is nice but we like Serenade of the Seas better.  Have a great cruise.  We cruise Jewel in less than 30 days.  If you are not cruising until after Feb 26, let me know if you have any other questions.