Anthem ~ best day for shows

Cruz77

Are there better days than others to book the 3 shows on Anthem?  For example I always schedule the Aquatheater show on day 1 or 2 on oasis class just in case a later one gets cancelled because of sea conditions.  Any tips for me??

What sailing are you on?  I only ask because I see the EXCELLENT Journey cover band DSB Band will be on board Feb. 6-9.  They'll probably do 2 shows, one in the nightclub and one in the TWO70 Theater.  Worth going to both, but the show in TWO70 would be the one to see if you had to pick one.  There are 4 dates listed but it may just be that they're on board for 4 days.  If that kind of music interests you, make sure you can get to at least one of those shows.

If I recall the discussion comparing the first cruise I was on to the one on Anthem last year, the trip down the coast never goes past the continental shelf so the seas were MUCH calmer, there was no one day that was better than another for seeing the shows as they were all smooth.  It all really depends on what the weather is like, if there is a safety risk the show will be cancelled but if my experience on Explorer of the Seas is any indication the seas need to be pretty rough to do that.  The Gift only ran the first few days, while We Will Rock You ran later in the trip.  Sets for The Gift looked pretty elaborate, they weren't going to switch the theater for alternating nights.

Also be sure to check out the fireworks show in TWO70 on the last night.  You read that right, search YouTube for it.

6 minutes ago, hallux said:

What sailing are you on?  I only ask because I see the EXCELLENT Journey cover band DSB Band will be on board Feb. 6-9.  They'll probably do 2 shows, one in the nightclub and one in the TWO70 Theater.  Worth going to both, but the show in TWO70 would be the one to see if you had to pick one.  There are 4 dates listed but it may just be that they're on board for 4 days.  If that kind of music interests you, make sure you can get to at least one of those shows.

If I recall the discussion comparing the first cruise I was on to the one on Anthem last year, the trip down the coast never goes past the continental shelf so the seas were MUCH calmer, there was no one day that was better than another for seeing the shows as they were all smooth.  It all really depends on what the weather is like, if there is a safety risk the show will be cancelled but if my experience on Explorer of the Seas is any indication the seas need to be pretty rough to do that.  The Gift only ran the first few days, while We Will Rock You ran later in the trip.  Sets for The Gift looked pretty elaborate, they weren't going to switch the theater for alternating nights.

Also be sure to check out the fireworks show in TWO70 on the last night.  You read that right, search YouTube for it.

We are on the March 30th sailing.  I did hear that they will be onboard!  Do you know dates for this cruise?

38 minutes ago, Cruz77 said:

Are there better days than others to book the 3 shows on Anthem?   

Any tips for me??

Hi Cruz77 ☺️

This is just personal preference in regards to just one show in particular onboard Anthem. My wife & I prefer going to the afternoon matinee of 'We Will Rock You'. Anthem only has one matinee during a sailing; timeslot is typically 2:30pm to 4:30pm. 

Have a terrific voyage!

☺️

7 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

When I sign into the cruise planner and go to Entertainment it brings up 0 results.  Should there be a list of shows available as soon as you are booked (just booked yesterday) or does it show up later?

9 minutes ago, lukydog said:

When I sign into the cruise planner and go to Entertainment it brings up 0 results.  Should there be a list of shows available as soon as you are booked (just booked yesterday) or does it show up later?

Might be too early for show reservations.  Keep checking, there's no pattern to when the various items show up in your Cruise Planner.

On 1/26/2019 at 8:32 AM, Cruz77 said:

Are there better days than others to book the 3 shows on Anthem?  For example I always schedule the Aquatheater show on day 1 or 2 on oasis class just in case a later one gets cancelled because of sea conditions.  Any tips for me??

Spectra is the show that is most similar to Aquatheatre as far as danger is concerned.

At least one performance was cut short on our Jan 18-26 2019 cruise and rescheduled.

We were told by others it was too rough for safety but it didn't seem that bad to me and I'm a wimp.