What Would YOU Do?

Netnurse31

I have been going back and forth with this for quite some time and I need some advice from the board so I can finally put it to bed. We are currently booked on the Crown for August in 3 mini suites on the Emerald deck. We are a family of 6 with 2 in each cabin. I should add, one of the mini's is E730 with the extended balcony.

I had originally booked E732 <Vista Suite> and E734 <BB Balcony> 4 of us in the Vista and 2 in the BB.

The change was made because I was saving $2000 by booking the mini's. I have noticed the price has come down for the suite and the BB. E732 and E734 being still avaliable. I would still be paying $1000 more for the suite and BB.

Is the $1000 worth giving up the mini's for? What would YOU do?

One consideration for me would be privacy - are you 3 couples or parents of teenagers and small children or what? I'd rather have my own space in a room for two than be sharing a suite with my inlaws. Or maybe in your family configuration the 4 in a suite would be a desirable option. That's the first thought that comes to my mind.

The cabin config. would be as follows:

Mini's:

Myself and my daughter <11>

DH and Son <17>

Mom and Dad

Suite and BB:

Me, DH and kids in Vista

Mom and Dad in BB

I'm really not concerned about the privacy issue as much as I am of the perks, space and balcony size. I tend to spend a lot of time on the balcony and appreciate a decent amount of space. Also, we sailed in an AB Penthouse on NCL Dawn last summer. You know what they say....once you go with a suite it's hard to go back.

To those of you that have sailed in a suite on Princess, were the perks worth the extra money spent?

I don't think the "perks" in a Vista are worth the $1000. But what is nice is the extra space including a large balcony where the 6 of you could congregate. Also, there is room for the 6 of you to all visit comfortably in the Vista suite itself. I'd probably spend the $1000 to get the Vista Suite. The kids could sleep in the pull out sofa, and there is a curtain between the bed and the sofa to give you some privacy. If your kids fight alot, then I would go with the minis.

I don't think the "perks" in a Vista are worth the $1000. But what is nice is the extra space including a large balcony where the 6 of you could congregate. Also, there is room for the 6 of you to all visit comfortably in the Vista suite itself. I'd probably spend the $1000 to get the Vista Suite. The kids could sleep in the pull out sofa, and there is a curtain between the bed and the sofa to give you some privacy. If your kids fight alot, then I would go with the minis.

I agree...we did a family vacation with us (the parents) in a suite and our 2 sons with their families of 4 in 2 inside cabins. It worked well...however your parents would most likely appreciate the balcony and the mini over an inside. We all congegated in the suite and on its' balcony...10 of us...very comfortable.

You are right about not wanting to go back...in most cases. Once we did a balcony...we couldn't go back...and once we did a mini...we couldn't go back. However...I would only do a suite again if we had the family along.

We'll be on 7-11-06 Crown Princess. we got E731, that extended balcony is real nice. I would be tempted to keep it. The only thing I can add being in E730 (that is under the Club Fusion stage). E731 is on the other side. Don't know if that helps at all.

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/photogallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=34700

http://community.webshots.com/photo/290527980/291057453GUzZbH

(not me but pictures I've found of E731, it's the last balcony, it's also covered).

I think there are pictures of E730 around also

Good luck whatever you decide.

Archived