EXC tours-entrance fees, group size, cancellation policy

luvtocruise52

We'll be travelling on the Koningsdam from Rome to Katakalon (Olympia), Piraeus (Athens), Mykonos, Ephesus, Rhodes, Santorini, and Naples and have been looking at the EXC tours. I'm unclear as to whether entrance fees to sites such as the Parthenon, Olympia, Pompeii, etc. are included in the tour cost. On group tours, how many people are typically included on a tour that is not designated as a small group tour? If we reserve a particular tour and later decide to cancel, how far in advance must this be done? Thanks for your help! 

From my experience, entrance fees are included in your tour price. Most tours have a cancellation window on the ticket. Most are 48 hours before the actual tour. You can cancel on board. I have changed the time of identical tours the day before. EXC seems in my opinion to be fair when cancelling. Tour busses are the standard large bus. Not sure of how many people. Sometimes we only had half of the big bus filled up. It depends. I remember we did the HAL all day to Ephesus. Did the Virgin Mary house, Ephesus(with terrace houses), and I think St Johns. Great tour. 

I like the EXC tours - much better than the old tour agency IMO.  Just took 6 tours a few weeks ago on a Panama Canal cruise and all of them were well run and did not include extra "shopping stops" like in the past.  Great guides, nice buses, good lunches and well organized IMO.

Last Oct I had to cancel a tour at 8 am for a 9 am tour.  I did not expect any credit of course, but I just let them know that I was sick and could not make it so not to waste time waiting for me.  Well, 20 minutes later they called my cabin and said that they were able to find someone to take my place, so I would be getting a FULL refund!  I was shocked and very pleased by this great service.