Hermitage and Catherine's Palace closed days

We are in St.Petersburg Sunday 28 April and Monday 29 April.  The Hermitage web site tells me they are closed on Mondays.  St. Catherine's Palace site states they are closed on Tuesday and the last Monday of the month - that would be the 29th.  So this tells me both are closed the Monday we are there.  Is there a tour that will do both on Sunday?  I've asked this question of two operators and don't get a definitive answer -  just they do these sites on seperate days.  I don't want to book and then be told - by the way we've eliminated St. Catherine's since they are closed(or the Hermitage).  Suggestions?  Input?

2 hours ago, joeysmom220 said:

We are in St.Petersburg Sunday 28 April and Monday 29 April.  The Hermitage web site tells me they are closed on Mondays.  St. Catherine's Palace site states they are closed on Tuesday and the last Monday of the month - that would be the 29th.  So this tells me both are closed the Monday we are there.  Is there a tour that will do both on Sunday?  I've asked this question of two operators and don't get a definitive answer -  just they do these sites on seperate days.  I don't want to book and then be told - by the way we've eliminated St. Catherine's since they are closed(or the Hermitage).  Suggestions?  Input?

Absolutely - you can visit both the Hermitage and Catherine Palace if you book a 2 day tour - not sure about a one day tour. The Hermitage is located within the city of St. Petersburg - Catherine Palace is located in Pushkin (30 km from the city and with drive time, this could eat up a significant amount of time coming and going). I would not short myself by attempting to cram both venues into a single day.

You might contact Alla Tours - info@alla-tour.com

Below is one of the tour itineraries (there are 2: Grand Tour and Must See Tour) for the MSC Poesia on April 28-29. Alla will be able to accomodate a visit to Catherine Palace on the last Monday of the month - no problem.

2-day St. Petersburg GRAND Tour [group]

28 April 2019 Day 1

08:30 - 09:00 Meet and greet at the ship
09:00 - 10:00 City highlights drive tour through the historical downtown with the nice views on the bridges, squares, palaces, the Neva river embankments, and Nevsky Prospect. Short walks and photo stops.
10:00 - 12:30 Guided tour of the Hermitage Museum (early entry)
12:30 - 13:30 Traditional Russian lunch at a local restaurant
13:30 - 14:30 Guided tour of Church on the Spilled Blood
14:30 - 15:30 Guided tour of St. Isaac's Cathedral
15:30 - 16:30 Guided tour of Peter and Paul Fortress and Cathedral
      Payment for the tour
17:30     Onboard and/or Optional Evening Program

29 April 2019 Day 2

07:30     Meet at the ship
08:00 - 08:30 Subway ride and tour of the most beautiful Metro stations
08:30 - 09:30 Boat ride: scenic tour along rivers and canals
10:00 - 11:00 Guided tour of Yusupov Palace incl. Gregory Rasputin exposition
11:00 - 12:00 Drive to Tsars Village (Pushkin)
      Packed lunch
12:00 - 13:30 Guided tour of Catherine's Palace incl. Amber Room and a walk through the park
13:30 - 14:30 Drive to Peterhof Summer Residence
14:30 - 16:00 Guided tour of the Peterhof Fountain Park and Gardens
16:00 - 17:00 Drive back to St. Petersburg
17:00     Onboard
Edited by dogs4fun

2 hours ago, joeysmom220 said:

I was wondering if tour companies would have access when it’s closed to the general public. I’ve found two tours I’m interested in-they include Frabrage museum as this Alla does not. 

Actually, Alla offers an evening visit to the Faberge Museum - you get to see more this way. For most ships, Alla has a tour that includes the Faberge Museum during the day tour - if you are on the MSC ship, she offers only 2 group day tours & these do not include a daytime visit to the Faberge (you could still visit in the evening). Have you contacted Alla?

In any event, some private companies have access to Catherine Palace on the last Monday of the month (Alla does) - make sure to check with whomever you choose to book.

Here our itinerary w our tour operator in saint Petersbourg. Hemitage and Catherine palace are included:

DAY 1 (28.04.2019): Arrival to Saint-Petersburg

08:30 passport control

09:00 the group's meeting with the guide and the driver of Aventura Travel 

09:00 to 11:30 sightseeing tour (including stops by sphinxes near the spit of Vasilevsky Island), The Savior on Spilled Blood (The Church of the Russian styled domes which attracts by its dazzling and colorful facades and interiors) 

11:30-13:30 Hermitage Museum (one of the major museums of the world, an important and grandiose architectural complex which has one of the most important art collections)

13:30- 14:30 Lunch in typical Russian restaurant  

14:30- 15:30 Way to the summer palace of the czars in Pushkin city is 25 km from the city and famous for its palace of Catherine and the magnificent interior: the famous "Amber Room" (a work of art of inestimable value and beauty) 

16:00-17:30 Tour of the Catherine Palace 

17:30-18:30 Departure to the city and your ship

19:00 Optional evening program on a further request 

DAY 2 (29.04.2019): Arrival to Saint-Petersburg

09:00 passport control, the group's meeting with the guide and the driver of Aventura Travel 

09:00-10:00 The way to Peterhof (the summer residence of the czars, called the "Russian Versailles"). Peterhof (Petrodvorets) is a jewel of Russian art, a city of parks, palaces and fountains. It is located 29 km to the west of St. Petersburg 

10:00-12:00 Peterhof Park

12:00-13:30 Back to the city

13:30-14:30 Fortress of Saints Peter and Paul (this is the first building of the ancient city of St. Petersburg and the are tombs of the Romanov dynasty in the Cathedral) 

15:00-16:00 Boat trip by the rivers and canals

16:30 Back on board

Have a good day, 
Alexandra
Your personal tour supervisor