When did Costa start charging for sun loungers?

jerseylily

Anyone know when Costa started charging for reserved sun loungers in a quiet zone?

Just noticed it as an expensive add on in the list of things to pre book on my cruise?

Very upsetting.  I have to pay for peace and quiet now!!

On 2/22/2019 at 9:35 AM, jerseylily said:

Anyone know when Costa started charging for reserved sun loungers in a quiet zone? 

I don't know, but quite a couple of years ago I saw it first, but not seen it on my cruise next month. So it might be on selected ships only. I didn't do, but have seen these zones. Positive as there are still so many people blocking deck chairs with towels early in the morning and you have one in any case, negative as you need to pay for.

I agree that this service is not available on all ships. First time I saw it on neoRomantica in 2015.

I heard from the staff on one ship that the main goal of reserved area with sun loungers is to improve service for suite guests (they did not pay) and Costa do nothing to sell it to other guests except short info near this area (no messages or info in daily program). But of course do not know if it is true until now.

Edited by greg2014