NCF fee

worktocruise610

Does anyone know what the "NCF" fee is on final payment statement? My TA says it is part of the port charges & fees (that's how it is broken down for them) but I've never seen it before and if that's the case, port fees are kind of high. Going on Escape in May NCF fee is $480 ($240 pp) but then there are port charges about $504 (2pp). 

Would really appreciate any help you guys could give me. Thanks all

NCF is non-commissionable fare.  The TA does not get any commission on that portion of your cruise fare.  My TA sends me an invoice with that breakdown because any goodies she gives me are based on the commissionable portion of the fare.  I think many years ago they used to list that as "port fees" and the cruise line would advertise the lower commissionable cruise fare.  The "port fees", now "NCF" were sometimes almost as much as the advertised fare.  I think there were complaints about truth in advertising so that the two items were combined and now advertised as the cruise fare.  Then there is something called "taxes, fees and port expenses" added on to the advertised fare.  I think that used to be called "government fees".

It stands for Non-Commissionable Cruise Fare; the port fees and such are completely separate. 

This is a set amount set by the cruise line that is rolled into the total base price of your cruise. The TA does not receive commission on this portion hence Non-Commisionable.  Ie: if your fare was $1500 pp and the cruise line set that portion as $500, the agent would only get commission on the $1000.

It's usually broken out on the TA's version of the invoice to determine the commission of that sale for their agency but the customer invoice should show the total base price that they paid.