Jump to content

Walking from cruise terminal to Port of Spain downtown


Asenbaum
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2019 at 2:22 PM, Asenbaum said:

While in Trinidad we don't wanna make any excursions etc. and just wanna visit Port of Spain, preferable by foot.

Is it safe to walk from the cruise port to downtown of the city?

 

Thanks for your help

 

Do not even try, because on reaching the port gates Security will deny you exit and firmly escort you back to the ship.  As confirmed by TTEllis.

If taking a tour, be careful as to where you walk, where you step, what you touch, don't swim in the sea, and don't eat or drink anything that is not brought from the ship.  As a caution, use a quality hand sanitizer after touching anything while on tour.

On returning to the ship, don't touch your footware with bare hands and disenfect shoes throughly before entering your stateroom.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

 

Do not even try, because on reaching the port gates Security will deny you exit and firmly escort you back to the ship.  As confirmed by TTEllis.

If taking a tour, be careful as to where you walk, where you step, what you touch, don't swim in the sea, and don't eat or drink anything that is not brought from the ship.  As a caution, use a quality hand sanitizer after touching anything while on tour.

On returning to the ship, don't touch your footware with bare hands and disenfect shoes throughly before entering your stateroom.

 

 

 

Thank you very much for this useful and very helpful advice. I think we'll stay in the stateroom all day if it's that bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Back from our day in Port of Spain. Like others from our cruise we easily walked off the ship and explored downtown Port of Spain for a couple of hours.

We walked up to ‘Magnificent Seven’ which are worth a visit and which is quite a walk. No hassle and not dangerous at all in my opinion – at least if staying on main streets.

Haven’t heard that any others from the ship had a bad experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 months later...
On 3/7/2019 at 6:29 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

 

Do not even try, because on reaching the port gates Security will deny you exit and firmly escort you back to the ship.  As confirmed by TTEllis.

If taking a tour, be careful as to where you walk, where you step, what you touch, don't swim in the sea, and don't eat or drink anything that is not brought from the ship.  As a caution, use a quality hand sanitizer after touching anything while on tour.

On returning to the ship, don't touch your footware with bare hands and disenfect shoes throughly before entering your stateroom.

 

 

 

Interesting to see

- a question from the prospective cruiser.

- Your response

- And their report after the cruise.

 

why so much contradiction between your response and their actual findings?

 

 

 

Edited by hal2008
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hal2008 said:

 

 

 

why so much contradiction between your response and their actual findings?

 

 

 

 

Looking at the last two years of reviews, it seems such contradictions are common.

Some posters picture a beautiful island with not much difficulty when traveling with ship excursion or previously arranged tours.  At the same time some posters go to the extent of recommending staying on ship.

 

 

 

Edited by hal2008
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, hal2008 said:

 

Looking at the last two years of reviews, it seems such contradictions are common.

Some posters picture a beautiful island with not much difficulty when traveling with ship excursion or previously arranged tours.  At the same time some posters go to the extent of recommending staying on ship.

 

 

 

 

Some take sanitised excursions via the ship or private vendors, both will visit better areas complete with heavy security.  This to ensure a "good" impression and reviews.  

Others have friends who are residents of the Island, or had first hand unsanitised experiences.

The reader takes from the legitimate reviews whatever they wish.

 

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...