Best beach for snorkeling

The Sunset Glow

What is the best beach for snorkeling that's not too far from the port? We'd like a nice beach with some decent snorkeling but I've noticed taxis are fairly expensive here. Amenities (lounge chairs, food, drinks, washrooms, etc) needed as well. All-inclusives or tours are welcome.

We really enjoyed Blue Bay.  We did it as a Carnival tour, but I dont think it's necessary.  The tour wound around before getting there, but based on the trip back, my guess is it's 15-20 minutes from the port.  

Snorkeling was pretty good- we saw a turtle which was awesome. Someone will probably come along with a better description, but I'll try my best here.  There's a very calm area for swimming with rocks on both sides.  If you stay in the calm area and go towards the rocks on the right, you swim over some sandy areas- don't get disappointed and keep going.  There is coral and decent snorkeling closer to the rocks.  If you swim around the rocks, there is better snorkeling but also more wavy.  The person I was snorkeling with had a hard time on this side, but I found it just fine, if you don't fight the waves. 

Chairs were included in our tour, but I believe there's an entrance fee if you go on your own.  There is food/drink.  I think you have to walk up to the restaurant to order, and they'll bring you your food. But I'm not 100% sure on that- i spent all day in the water and just snagged a couple fries from the person I was with.  Bathrooms were clean enough.

The Carnival tour probably had about 3 hours of beach time- the surprise to me was that they had snorkel equipment for us, but fins weren't included.  You had to rent those separately.

I don't remember all the details, but this really was a good day.  I remember being tired and happy heading back to the ship. 

• Like 1