Back on board time in Alaska

It will be 30 minutes. That is the standard time on NCL.

The all aboard times are posted at the gangway and in the freestyle daily, so it doesn’t hurt to check as you leave just in case, but in my experience it is always 30 minutes for non tender ports.

When the ship sounds the HORN - you better believe that your presence is demanded on board.

At SKAGWAY:

On the last sailing of the season the dock crew workers will be lining up along the pier about

a few minutes before the gangplank is pulled and preparations for getting underway.

Then the fun begins - getcha video equipment and camera ready to be *MOONed*.

The traditional closing of the cruise season at Skagway !

At almost any port call there are stragglers running to beat the gangplank being removed.

In most of the cases these folks provide entertainment to guests on board as they beat the odds.

But woe be if they don't - but it is not all that bad the next port call is close by unlike the

Caribbean or Mediterranean. Makes for interesting fodder for the Cruise Directors show.

So don't be that late person entering the lime twilight zone of a missed cruised.

12 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

When the ship sounds the HORN - you better believe that your presence is demanded on board.

At SKAGWAY:

On the last sailing of the season the dock crew workers will be lining up along the pier about

a few minutes before the gangplank is pulled and preparations for getting underway.

Then the fun begins - getcha video equipment and camera ready to be *MOONed*.

The traditional closing of the cruise season at Skagway !

At almost any port call there are stragglers running to beat the gangplank being removed.

In most of the cases these folks provide entertainment to guests on board as they beat the odds.

But woe be if they don't - but it is not all that bad the next port call is close by unlike the

Caribbean or Mediterranean. Makes for interesting fodder for the Cruise Directors show.

So don't be that late person entering the lime twilight zone of a missed cruised.

i didnt really need a lecture. Been on 30 something cruises I was just wondering what the policy as in alaska.. we just got off the ship in caribeban and it was an hour

35 minutes ago, ChiBlackhawksFan said:

i didnt really need a lecture. Been on 30 something cruises I was just wondering what the policy as in alaska.. we just got off the ship in caribeban and it was an hour

No lecture - relax - lighten up - it gets serious if you don't get back on board on time !

Posting just some humorous aspects of getting back to the ship on time.

You did mention Skagway - the season closing event at Skagway is noted.

The getting back on board can vary by port and if tenders are used.

Read the ships Daily and note the marques and signs in disembarking.

Yes it is humorous if you are not the ones racing to beat the gangplank.

Edited by don't-use-real-name

Just now, don't-use-real-name said:

No lecture - relax - lighten up - it gets serious if you don't get back on board on time !

Posting just some humorous aspects of getting back to the ship on time.

You did mention Skagway - the season closing event at Skagway is noted.

The getting back on board can vary by port and if tenders are used.

Read the ships Daily and note the marques and signs in disembarking.

Yes it is humorous if you are not the ones racing to beat the gangplank.

I was thinking that flights from Skagway to Juneau are $145 the next day.. so if i missed the ship maybe i ccould meet it. Is that stupid? can you do that? i looked flights up most are the same price.

so if i missed the ship maybe i ccould meet it.

You aren't planning on doing this are you ?

I better alert NCL about this - LOL !

Yes this is possible - what other choice is left ?

There are possibilities depending on the flexibility of the provider.

Riding a Pilot boat to catch up with the ship - tough call on this one -

Contracting with a vessel that would do the same thing - really needs to be done in hurry -

Both of these need NCL approval between the parties -

And as you have noted flying to the next port and resuming the cruise from that point*** -

*** with hotel for the night and meals - cab fares from airport to port

All this is not likely - NCL shore excursions will wait till all are accounted for -

If you are on your own then the situation you have posed comes into play -

If NCL can see you running or communicating with the pier most apt to wait a few minutes -

The port calls in Alaska *** are such a short putt putt distance there really is no hurry to get

going and underway *** exception Ketchikan to Vancouver/Victoria BC or northbound to Seward.

Each situation is unique and how NCL chooses to handle them is up to NCL.

My post is speculation at best.

I experienced a situation at Cabo on a Carnival ship where our guests took the wrong tender back

to an adjacent ship and when it was realized we were underway to Long Beach. We waited out

at sea for that tender to deliver our passengers to the correct ship - that is not a comfortable

situation the Cabo Long Beach trip is a full day and a half waiting to get your gear off the ship

when it arrives and settle accounts and then there is customs immigration also and you better

have your passport to smooth things over.

So it is imperative to know what the times are for being back on the ship and ah er the right ship too !