Hotel in Anchorage

ascho

My flight will arrive in Anchorage at 4:45 am. I will need to transfer to Seward for the start of my cruise later that morning.  Where can I get a room for 4-5 hours without spending $200 for a full day hotel room?

If a hotel has vacancies for that night prior, they will gladly sell you a room--at full price--and you, likely, won't even get that much use out of it...

The real question is how you plan on getting to Seward.  It is a fairly long drive.  Many choose to take the train--but that leaves very early in the morning--You might have just enough time to take a taxi from the airport directly to the Anchorage train station.  But, it's fairly costly and you might be too sleepy to enjoy it...

The less costly way is to take one of the bus/van/tour providers...

Our last two Alaska cruises, we took, the first time, Seward Bus Co.  They picked us up at our hotel (they'll pick up at the airport as well) at 9:00 am and took us in a van with a small group to the ship with a stop at the wildlife preserve on the way--cost about $70 pp (admission to wildlife preserve included).

https://www.sewardbuslines.net/

This last time, we took a bus from ACT Bus Lines:

https://alaskacruisetransfer.com/

Cost $53 pp (with internet discount).  They also picked us up at our hotel around 9:00 am (and made a couple of other stops at another hotel and at the airport) and drove us directly to the ship.

Even if your flight is scheduled to get in at 4:45 am, there can often be delays...plus you've got to collect your luggage and then get a ride to your hotel...lucky if you are there by 6:00 am.  I would just plan on heading to a restaurant at the airport for a slow breakfast...then use one of the bus/van services to get you to the ship in Seward.  Doesn't make much sense to try to book a hotel.