Belize snorkelling

JP-Cruise

Not sure about SeaSport, but we've done Coral breeze in the past and DW is going with them next month.  Last time lots of nurse sharks and some rays, but good time and great lunch on shore at Rosie's, but hearing it's gone now.  Kareems up by the split is a good outdoor venue for seafood, and jerk chicken.

Also Maggies kitchen.

On 3/25/2019 at 3:41 PM, crewsweeper said:

Not sure about SeaSport, but we've done Coral breeze in the past and DW is going with them next month.  Last time lots of nurse sharks and some rays, but good time and great lunch on shore at Rosie's, but hearing it's gone now.  Kareems up by the split is a good outdoor venue for seafood, and jerk chicken.

Also Maggies kitchen.

Ok great! Based on all the great reviews on tripadvisor I am definitely leaning towards this vendor. One question about the Belize time and cruise ship time zone. So according to the cruise ship I will be in port from 8am - 5. So does this mean I have to choose a 10am start time for the excursion?

If leaving from a Florida port, your port times are 6AM to 3PM Belize.  Belize does not observe daylight savings and is on Central Standard Time (UTC-6) If leaving from a Gulf Coast port, your port times are 7AM-4PM Most likely your ship's last tender is 1/2 hour to 45 minutes before departure time.  So a 10 AM Belize would not be viable except between November and March departures. I think on certain days CB has tours departing at 8AM Belize (10 AM East Coast ship time). 

Edited by crewsweeper

16 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

If leaving from a Florida port, your port times are 6AM to 3PM Belize.  Belize does not observe daylight savings and is on Central Standard Time (UTC-6) If leaving from a Gulf Coast port, your port times are 7AM-4PM Most likely your ship's last tender is 1/2 hour to 45 minutes before departure time.  So a 10 AM Belize would not be viable except between November and March departures. I think on certain days CB has tours departing at 8AM Belize (10 AM East Coast ship time). 

Got it. Thanks. Ya I was reading about all that on the Coral breeze website. I am departing from Miami Florida. So I’ll choose an 8AM start time for the tour? 

1 hour ago, JP-Cruise said:

Got it. Thanks. Ya I was reading about all that on the Coral breeze website. I am departing from Miami Florida. So I’ll choose an 8AM start time for the tour? 

DW and SIL are doing that one in 3 weeks.

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

DW and SIL are doing that one in 3 weeks.

Oh great! If possible I would like them to post a review about it :).

when you went do you remember if the guides allowed people to hold or feel some of the nurse sharks?  Also did they take professional photos for purchase ?

46 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

I'll let you know the answers.  But neither don't post here.  so I'll be giving a brief rundown.   Last time we did hold the sharks. 

You got to hold the sharks?! Ok that is exactly what I was wondering and excited for. You just confirmed 100% I have to stick with this vendor. Thank you!

I got to hold a nurse shark on a snorkel excursion at Grand Turk. It was an amazing experience. Wanted the opportunity to do it again 😄