Dock at 5pm in June . . . What to do?

rose102798

We will be in San Juan on a Monday evening in June.  Ship doesn't dock until 5pm with departure at 1am.  4 adults and one 16 year old.  Any suggestions?  Originally wanted to do the forts but they close at 6pm. :classic_sad:

It really depends on what you want to do and how much money you want to spend. Its hard to buy food from some place if you already paid for it on your ship. If that is what you want to do though, Sofia's Old San Juan is a great place to get some unique foods.  If it were me, I would walk a little bit through Old San Juan to get a idea of what all of the history of older buildings looks like. If you can swing it, I would do a walking tour with a local that can tell you the history of all the things that you are seeing. If nightlife is more your thing you can take five minute ride in a taxi or an uber to the Condado Area (Ashford Ave) where there are many upscale shops and places to stop and get a snack or drink. There is something for everyone in this area even some great souvenir shops. My personal favorite is to stop at  Ben and Jerry's for some ice cream and then take it out on the beach and sit in a lounge chair and watch the sunset and the waves crashing into the rocks. (see picture) There are also some parks down in this area that give you plenty of places to just sit and relax. Happy Cruising!

y82oib3h.bmp

We're booked on the Norwegian Encore in Dec and knew the itinerary but did not pay attention to the details.  San Juan is only 6:00pm till Midnight.  I was surprised.  We don't do the Night Clubs and probably will want to have dinner before we pull into port.

Definitely following this discussion.

Old San Juan is beautiful, if you want a tour i suggest a walking tour.  Will not be as hot and nice.

If you do not wish for a tour walk around the old City is beautiful.  Have a cafe con leche and dessert. Great walking city