Royal App - Not linking my cruise

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

The Royal IQ App is older and is being phased out.

Also, there used to be a firewall hole on Anthem that allowed iMessage to work for free, no VOOM purchase needed.  May still work.

What is replacing the Royal IQ app?  Also, does Adventure have that app?

Edit: I just found the Royal app.  I logged in and it shows my Adventure cruise in October and the Serenade in September, 2020.  It says that it is not available on the Ovation in May.  

So, for the Royal app - does that all allow for an onboard communication package for a fee like the Royal IQ app?  Also,does it allow for ship to shore calls, also for a fee?

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

I'm trying to set up this app for a sailing this weekend, and it seems to be recognizing my login from the RCCL site, but then I can't get to the sign in button (e.g., I can't the keyboard to disappear on my phone so I can click sign in). Is there a secret that all the more tech-savvy people know?

TIA

3 minutes ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

What is replacing the Royal IQ app?  Also, does Adventure ave that app?

Coming from the Royal Caribbean Department of Confusion and Obfuscation, the new app is called the Royal Caribbean International App.

The new app works on Adventure now, except for the text feature.

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Coming from the Royal Caribbean Department of Confusion and Obfuscation, the new app is called the Royal Caribbean International App.

The new app works on Adventure now, except for the text feature.

Thank you!  I just need to know if it also has the ability to receive shore to ship calls for emergencies (for a fee) like the old app has?

12 minutes ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

I just need to know if it also has the ability to receive shore to ship calls for emergencies (for a fee) like the old app has?

None of the apps have a connection to the outside - they are both meant for on ship use only. The $8 texting option within Royal IQ on Quantum class works only on the ship. The chat/texting option within the RCI app also only works on the ship though it's free.

25 minutes ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

So, for the Royal app - does that all allow for an onboard communication package for a fee like the Royal IQ app? 

The texting option is free on the RCI app but it is not yet enabled for Adventure or Serenade (Allure and Harmony only for now).

15 minutes ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

Thank you!  I just need to know if it also has the ability to receive shore to ship calls for emergencies (for a fee) like the old app has?

If you need to be able to make or receive calls to land while at sea, you should get the VOOM package and turn on WiFi calling on your phone.

21 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

If you need to be able to make or receive calls to land while at sea, you should get the VOOM package and turn on WiFi calling on your phone.

That is what I was thinking, but was trying to be cheap, since we only need it for emergencies!