Cruise charges post-cruise

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

Did you get a sea pass bill on the last morning before disembarkation?  

Yes, we seen one payment made of one amount by our credit card. Then we switched to a cash account using our bank’s atm card which is also one of those MCs. The statement showed another payment using that, and then a final balance of like $800 which I thought was going to hit the bank/ATM-MC.

1 minute ago, soontobemrsL said:

Yes, we seen one payment made of one amount by our credit card. Then we switched to a cash account using our bank’s atm card which is also one of those MCs. The statement showed another payment using that, and then a final balance of like $800 which I thought was going to hit the bank/ATM-MC.

I say just wait and see, don't call them!

If they miss charging you, all that means is that you are covered for a bunch of fake pool towel charges!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

If they miss charging you, all that means is that you are covered for a bunch of fake pool towel charges!

Aww...they have to do something to get you since they finally took out the nefarious water bottles and "pay for snacks".  🤨  So far so good ....I have not had fake towel charges...though we don't use them often.  Maybe it's safe to go back to credit card to pay for sea pass bill again.  I had switched to cash a few years ago when I kept getting those annoying charges pinned to sodas in the cabin.  (that I don't drink) :classic_blink:

2 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

Depends on your bank.

Most of the time our charges have shown up the second business day after debarkation.

That would be Monday.

Our charges normally show up as pending within a few hours of leaving the ship.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Our charges normally show up as pending within a few hours of leaving the ship.

Yes, but not all banks will show pending charges.  Only a minor difference between posted (what I was referring to) and pending.

And the final charge is an authorization, as opposed to a pre-authorization that takes place during the week.  LOL, Just some of the semantics games bankers play.