Taking wine onboard in European Ports

K2G

Hello everyone,

We are on our first Mediterranean cruise late this summer on the Oasis. 

I understand that we are allowed to take 2 bottles of wine per cabin onboard at embarkation but are we allowed to take wine back from Ports and take it to our cabins or is it taken away and returned at the end of the cruise? 

We have friends who went on a Mediterranean cruise two summers ago on a different cruise line and they were allowed to keep the wine they brought onboard at ports so I thought I'd check and see what happens on RC cruises.  We are trying to decide if the drink package is worth it or not for the cruise.

Thanks!

No, you are not allowed to take the wine you being on at intermediate ports back to your stateroom.

If they see the wine, they will take it and keep it until the end of the cruise.

6 minutes ago, K2G said:

Hello everyone,

We are on our first Mediterranean cruise late this summer on the Oasis. 

I understand that we are allowed to take 2 bottles of wine per cabin onboard at embarkation but are we allowed to take wine back from Ports and take it to our cabins or is it taken away and returned at the end of the cruise? 

We have friends who went on a Mediterranean cruise two summers ago on a different cruise line and they were allowed to keep the wine they brought onboard at ports so I thought I'd check and see what happens on RC cruises.  We are trying to decide if the drink package is worth it or not for the cruise.

Thanks!

While we've not done a Mediterranean cruise, we've done several TA's that stop at ports around the Mediterranean, and like your friends, on "another cruise line'. And also like you friends, brought way over the per person bottle limit back onboard. On a couple TA's from Barcelona, we've checked-in, boarded the ship, then got off the ship, went to a duty free shop at the port, stocked up on wines, and the last TA we took from there, we even brought a couple bottles of booze back onboard. While ported before the TA crossing, brought wine back from the ports. Again, can't say what RCI will do, technically the "other" did not make any announcement of what could or could not be brought back on, but I traveled with a group of about 10 people each time. If we did not bring back onboard over 100 bottles of wine and other goodies, we brought back none, but again, no idea what RCI does.