5 in a room on the Allure feedback

Several have recently asked about fitting 5 in a room. I know some people would rather not cruise if that is their option, but we couldn't have done the cruise without the fantastic deal this afforded us and don't regret it!

First, these types of options are only available on Oasis class and above. Other ships offer family rooms, spacious ocean views, suites, etc. But none to my knowledge offer a basic room that sleeps 5 until this class. You have to call to book and most phone reps didn't even know it was an option...I recommend studying the floor plans and picking out several rooms to specifically ask them about.

Ours was a balcony, which is a necessity when little ones go down and you don't want to sit in the dark. Our kids are 9, 5, and 4. We had the 9 year old on the pull down bunk, the 5 year old who needs to sleep alone on the couch bed, and the 4 year old crashed with us as she often does at home. I brought a sheet to tuck into the bottom of the bunk to make the couch bed more secluded and also had a fan for white noise.

For us, it worked out great...the kids slept well, and we saved about 2,000. Yes, it was cozy and I wouldn't recommend it with adults or all older kids, but I think it is a great option with little ones.

I will happily post a picture of the set up with the beds down if I can figure out how. 🙂

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

... Unfortunately that option is not available on Symphony or Harmony as those ships do not have Pullman beds  in the balcony cabins. 

I think that is due to the inadequate strength of the welds on those ships. 

• Like 1