Great Tour in Curacao

Sandlamb

Four of us booked privately a combination Deep Sea Fishing and Snorkel tour. It was the best part of this whole cruise trip on Adventure of the Seas. We booked with Olly of "Let's Fish". He picked us up right where we got off the boat...I mean right there in the water in front of the exit of the ship. We just got on his boat at 9 a.m. and off we went. It was kind of like a tour of the outer island, got to see alot. I really don't care for fishing, but this was really exciting. This boat is huge...it was my cousin and myself and our husbands. There's two huge leather cushioned seats in the back of the boat for the fishermen to sit in. Right away, our husbands were catching huge tunas....had a huge barracuda, but he bit off the bait and got away. One time, my husband caught two big tunas on his line at once...couldn't believe it, but we got pictures. After fishing for awhile, they took us to the Sunken Tugboat to snorkel. Eugene drove the boat and John helped the guys bait the hooks, took the fish off and was all over the boat doing it all. These guys were so nice, informative and very friendly. At the snorkel sight was a big boat full of about 30 cruise ship passengers that probably paid a fortune for their excursion. We got in the water and after about 20 minutes the other boat left with all the people, so we had the whole sunken tugboat snorkel spot to ourselves. John fed the fish some bread and I couldn't believe all the species of fish, sizes- huge and small that were swimming around us....it was amazing. My husband was snorkeling by the cliff walls and saw an eel. I saw royal blue coral...just huge, lavender coral, green coral of all kinds. We snorkeled for about 1 1/2 hours and could have stayed in the water longer, but I knew my husband was eager to get some more fishing done. We ate lunch on the boat, they had brought us some sandwiches, but we also had brought our own from the ship. They had nice cold beverages for us to drink. The guys fished some more and we ended our trip at Olly's party boat for a bathroom break and then Eugene and John took us in a A/C MINI VAN to see where Olly lived..we met Olly, then they took my cousin and her husband back to the ship...got special permission from the guards and took them right up to the boat entrance...they only had to walk a couple of steps. They then took us to the Dutch side and dropped us off where we wanted to shop. This private booking was only $300 and included all the bait, fishing equip, two guides, snorkeling equip, lunch/drink, transportation to ship and back, so for the fishing and snorkeling trip, it came up to $75 per person....well worth it. I've been to St. Thomas, St. John, Belize, Cozumel, Aruba, too many to mention and this was the best snorkeling I've seen. I'd love to go back there anytime and do it all again in a heartbeat. The trip ended at 2:30, so ran about 6 hours and we still had time to shop on the Dutch side, take the ferry to the French side and shop and got back to the ship in plenty of time. If you are interested, Olly's web address is captain@letsfish.net. He has a website also that shows his boat and lots of pictures. http://www.worldwidefishing.com/Curacao/b2332/?page_type=salt&state_page=Curacao&company=Let's+Fish

If you have any questions, can contact me...Sandlamb@aol.com

• 1 month later...

We will be in port for a day and this sounds like a great way to spend our time! Did you call to get information to book this, or did you e-mail? We will be there in a week and a half so I probably need to hurry....

Any idea how quickly he fills up?

Archived