Massages in the Mexican Riviera questions.

judyf

I'm looking into a massage in one maybe more ports we visit in April.

We're going to:

Acapulco-no time in this port for a massage.

Puerto Vallarta-Read all about the massages at the Krystal resort.

Cabo San Lucas-

Ixtapa/Zihuatanrjo-This might be the best port.

I did read all about the massages at Krystal on a thread posted here, great info. But I would like to have a massage outside on a beach maybe. I think I've seen posts in reviews but can't remember the details.

anyone have info? Where, how to get there, how much, ect.?

Thanks

Thanks for the tips. The Barcelo might be just the thing, as I think we will have a beach day at this port.

I will do the search and find out what else is avaiable.

Thanks for posting.

I'm looking into a massage in one maybe more ports we visit in April.

We're going to:

Acapulco-no time in this port for a massage.

Puerto Vallarta-Read all about the massages at the Krystal resort.

Cabo San Lucas-

Ixtapa/Zihuatanrjo-This might be the best port.

I did read all about the massages at Krystal on a thread posted here, great info. But I would like to have a massage outside on a beach maybe. I think I've seen posts in reviews but can't remember the details.

anyone have info? Where, how to get there, how much, ect.?

Thanks

The Sheraton, Puerto Vallarta, does the massage thing on the beach. Have no idea what the rates arre. Here is a link to their local web site- http://www.sheratonvallarta.com/eng/spa_massages_aroma.html

Enjoy!

We just got back from a 10-day Riviera cruise.

In Ixtapa, we got a great massage on the beach behind the Carlos & Charlie's restaurant. $20/hr

We agreed, however, the very BEST massage we've ever gotten was in Mazatlan at a place called the Royal Spa! $20/hr, and it was wonderful. I picked up a brochure in order to deliberately post it on Cruise Critic when we got back. Their address is Mariano Escobedo #320 (it's not on the beach). They have a website at www.royalspa.ws

-Richard & Natalie

PICT0004.jpg.b18774a109b6ff6a633ab14e58688f46.jpg

I am glad to hear that you had a great time at Royal Spa. I am considering a massage there in March. Did you make reservations before you arrived? What type of massages are available? Did you take a taxi or is it walking distance from the dock?

Sheila77....

No, we didn't have an appointment. We walked outside the dock and realized the sketchy map given us on the ship was woefully inadequate, so we grabbed a cab. We asked the cab driver if he knew a good massage place, and it's what he recommended. After getting a one hour massage, we both agreed it was the best we've ever had...especially for 20 bucks! It was only then I picked up a brochure and saw all their other services and prices, and it wasn't until we got back that I looked at their website.

Royal Spa is in the old town area, and we picked up a better map there. We walked all around there and along a good stretch of the boardwalk and then back to the ship. Old Town was fine and the Boardwalk is a beautiful area, but the blocks immediately around the dock were a little iffy. We didn't have any problems, but I was a little uncomfortable and I sure wouldn't have wanted to walk through it at night.

Sheila77....

No, we didn't have an appointment. We walked outside the dock and realized the sketchy map given us on the ship was woefully inadequate, so we grabbed a cab. We asked the cab driver if he knew a good massage place, and it's what he recommended. After getting a one hour massage, we both agreed it was the best we've ever had...especially for 20 bucks! It was only then I picked up a brochure and saw all their other services and prices, and it wasn't until we got back that I looked at their website.

Royal Spa is in the old town area, and we picked up a better map there. We walked all around there and along a good stretch of the boardwalk and then back to the ship. Old Town was fine and the Boardwalk is a beautiful area, but the blocks immediately around the dock were a little iffy. We didn't have any problems, but I was a little uncomfortable and I sure wouldn't have wanted to walk through it at night.

Thanks for the info... I hope you can offer your opinion here... We are docked in Mazatlan (Mercury) until 5pm. If possible, I'd like to do two activities: Randi's horses and get a massage at the Royal Spa. Do you think there is enough time to do both? Randi will have us back to ship at 2pm, she says. Do you think there is enough time to take cab to the Royal Spa, get a one hour massage, and go back to ship? Is there a long wait at the spa?

If you don't think there is enough time, I will look more into other options. Where is the restaurant you mentioned? Is it near the pier?

Thanks!

Carol

Carol...

We were on the Mercury as well. Mazatlan is not a tender port, so you are supposed to be on board no later than 4:45 pm for the 5pm departure.

(Note: I wouldn't be late getting back on board at any port. I noticed several times the ship actually sailed a few minutes early from its scheduled departure...once it was ten minutes early. You have to run your Sail card through the reader whenever leaving or returning to the ship, and I figured they were thus able to easily determine if and when everyone was back on board.)

Yes, I think you could do both. A cab ride to/from the Ship and Old Town is only 10 minutes max. We didn't have an appointment; we just walked in cold and they had two massage people who were not busy. It was a solid hour massage. There was a small digital clock in each little area, along with nice relaxing music and a small running water decorative fountain.

I didn't mention a restaurant; however, there were several nice ones along the Boardwalk area. We had lunch there at one of the many that had outside seating with a nice view of the ocean.

Personally, if I had to make a choice between a massage and seeing/lunching on the Boardwalk, I'd go for the massage. You still have six days left on the cruise, and there are plenty of other ports with restaurants with even nicer views.

Good luck...I'll give a look on this thread after your cruise to see what you decided and how it turned out.

-Richard (and Natalie)

Archived