Boston Uber/Lyft Loan Airport drop off rules and fees to change in October

138east

Currently there are no Uber/Lyft drop off fees at Logan Airport and passengers can be dropped off at the terminals.The proposed changes would be:

1) Terminal drop off by Uber/Lyft allowed from 4 am to 10 am.  At all other times drop offs would be in a “designated area” in Central Parking.

2) New Drop off fee of $3.25

3) Current pick up fee is $3.25 and would remain $3.25.

Proposed changes will take place some time in Oct.

Meanwhile, Logan Express to/from Back Bay/Copley just got a whole lot cheaper (Free from Logan, $3 to Logan) and the ride TO Logan includes PreCheck line access!

I will be happy when the Ubers and Lyfts are no longer taking up all the spaces in front of the terminals.

7 minutes ago, Nitemare said:

Meanwhile, Logan Express to/from Back Bay/Copley just got a whole lot cheaper (Free from Logan, $3 to Logan) and the ride TO Logan includes PreCheck line access!

I will be happy when the Ubers and Lyfts are no longer taking up all the spaces in front of the terminals.

PreCheck is a very nice perk if you don’t have it already.  Now both SilverLine and  Logan Express offer free transportation to South Station and Back Bay. 

What I’m thinking is that if we’re going to recommend Uber or Lyft to the airport, we have to also mention that folks disembarking need to plan to arrive before 10 am to get dropped off at the terminals.