European ports bringing wine on board

kidstwo2

My first time on NCL.  Doing a European cruise in June on the Jade.  We have done European cruise on Carnival (ports included Italy, Greece, France, Spain) and they too have a strict policy on bringing wine aboard only at embarkation HOWEVER, on the European cruise we could freely and openly bring bottles of wine back onboard at every port.  Everything was scanned through in open sight at all ports, not just us but almost every other passenger as well, so I am curious if anyone has had experience on NCL European cruises and the ability to bring wine onboard at ports?  Thanks.

We have purchased and brought wine and liquor onboard during the European cruises on NCL. You have a choice of paying the corkage if you want to drink it onboard, or turn the booze over to them to keep until end of cruise. 

On 5/4/2019 at 2:19 PM, millie8 said:

We had no difficulty bringing wine onboard at ports in Europe. You will be charged the corkage fee for each bottle.

Good to hear.  I was hoping to hear from someone that had actual experience with it. Thanks for the reply.

On 5/4/2019 at 3:34 PM, bluesea777 said:

We have purchased and brought wine and liquor onboard during the European cruises on NCL. You have a choice of paying the corkage if you want to drink it onboard, or turn the booze over to them to keep until end of cruise. 

Thanks! I appreciate hearing from another who has actually done it.