Our Day with Rony's Tours/Manawakie and West Bay Beach

brookeq

We were in Roatan a couple week ago.  We used Rony's Tour Company.  We decided to do the private tour.  There were four of us so it was $25 a person.  Brian was our driver.  He arrived in a nice clean Toyota Camry.  (with working AC thankfully).  Brian was an awesome guide.   

He took us to an overlook.  There was store there and helped us to get a few things (drink and some first aid stuff we didn't want to get on the ship).   

Our first stop was to see the sloths.  Ronys has a few options to choose from on his site.  After some research I chose Manawakie.  It looked the least crowded and the reviews so far were good.   It did not disappoint.   We arrived and there was only one other small family there.  We were immediately taken to see a sloth.   

IMG_0437.JPG

We all got to hold it several time and were never rushed.   

IMG_0442.JPG

Then we went to see the monkeys.  they really do climb all over you so make sure your pockets are empty. 

monkey.jpg

They went down my shirt and down my husbands pants!

me.jpg

The kids got to hold a rabbit.  I don't have a picture of that.  My son held a bird.

IMG_0466.JPG

They give you lots of info about all of their plants and what they use them for.  It was a good tour.  It was $15 a person.    After talking to friends on the boat when we got back, our time with the sloths sounded much more enjoyable than other places.  No waiting in lines and not rushed at all.  I would definitely recommend Manawakie.

After the sloths we went to donate some school supplies to children.  We emailed back and forth with rony and he told us what they needed. so we collected everything and dropped them off to kids at a local church.  

Then we headed to West Bay Beach. 

P4030222.JPG

The plan was to go to Bananarama.  But there were a few ships here today and everything was packed.  Bananarama  and our other choices were all full and closed.   Brian was great he drove to other places and made calls.  We ended up getting a day pass at Henry Morgan.  It was more than we originally planned to spend but we really didn't have many choices.  (my husband wanted chairs, not just put our towels down).   It was a nice place with a pool.  If we had more time it would have been a great place to stay for the day.  But we were on limited time and wanted to snorkel.  Its a bit far from the beach snorkeling. (esp with 2 kids and not much time).  so we paid to be taken out on a boat to the reef.  It was awesome.   We loved it.  Brian watched our stuff for us.   

P4030198.jpg

We were sad to head back.  Brian got us back with plenty of time.  Definitely use rony's tours and ask for Brian.  I have a more detailed review or our entire cruise on the Carnival forum.   

Here are just a few of our snorkel pictures:

P4030140new.jpg

P4030209.jpg

P4030218.jpg

Edited by brookeq
  • Like 1

This sounds like a great time and exactly what we would want to do in June with our family.  So, you do not pre-book a day pass at a resort in West Bay, and the driver will just find one once we get there?  Did you feel like you had enough time to snorkel, or was it rushed? 

We wanted to go to Bananarama resort since it was the cheapest and not too far from the beach snorkeling.   I don't think you can book ahead of time.  Infinity resort used to take reservations ahead of time but I am not sure if they do anymore.   That was our 2nd choice and they were full.  They are close to the snorkeling also.  

We weren't rushed for snorkeling but we definitely wanted more time at the beach.   

• Like 1