Gratuities for Cruise/Land Package

Seeking advice about gratuities for cruise/land.  Called RCL but rep didn't seem all that confident in her reply.  In particular, how are gratuities determined for land portion?  Thanks in advance for any advice.

24 minutes ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

Seeking advice about gratuities for cruise/land.  Called RCL but rep didn't seem all that confident in her reply.  In particular, how are gratuities determined for land portion?  Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have never seen or heard anything that RCCL has anything to do with tips for the lands portion, ie you need to tip by yourself.

I might be wrong though.

2 hours ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

My wife and I did the Land/Sea tour in Alaska.  The tour guide and the bus driver were the only people that you would usually tip or the person dropping your luggage at your room each night.  The amount you give is dependent upon what you want to give.  We gave to the driver $5 per person per day and the tour guide was $7.50 per person per day.  This may be high or low but it was what I felt they should receive.  You will have more contact with the guide as they will be handing out papers to tell you what is going on the next day (tours) and you can ask them questions about the restaurants in the area.

Paul

4 minutes ago, bluebeard39 said:

My wife and I did the Land/Sea tour in Alaska.  The tour guide and the bus driver were the only people that you would usually tip or the person dropping your luggage at your room each night.  The amount you give is dependent upon what you want to give.  We gave to the driver $5 per person per day and the tour guide was $7.50 per person per day.  This may be high or low but it was what I felt they should receive.  You will have more contact with the guide as they will be handing out papers to tell you what is going on the next day (tours) and you can ask them questions about the restaurants in the area.

Paul

Thanks Paul and Norhel.  Pretty much what I thought but RCCL rep started talking about prepaying and gave an exact amount and it just didn't make a lot of sense.  Paul, your numbers pretty much align with what we tip on private excursions.  Thanks to both of you.  Rich

• Like 1