Princes Cays Questions

I've searched for information and/or reviews but haven't found much.  We are cruising at the end of May, going to Princess Cays and are considering renting a family friendly cabana for the day.  Some of us are sun friendly and some are not: meaning we will need shade and sun!  No one in our group has ever been there.  So, for anyone that has been there, would you give you opinions about your experience? Things like the questions below:

What are the goods and the bad's of this port? 

Are there umbrellas to sit under if we don't do the rental?

How much does a clam shell cost for the day? 

I've read there are several places to swim-which would you recommend?

Can you see the ship from the beach?

Thanks in advance!

Crazy.Cruzer

We visited in November, and loved it! There are plenty places in the shade without renting anything, both trees and sheds. You can easily see the ship from the beach. Our 3 year old loved the kids area, playground equipment under a pavilion and a large swimming pool that about 2' deep. We had heard Half Moon was much nicer, but I would rate them equal.

• Like 1

We were just there in April, and I agree, there is a good mixture of sun and shade. There are lots of trees for shade, and there are also some chairs under pavilions for even more shade.

I'm not sure of the cost of a clam rental, but there was many available to rent when we were there.

Yes you can see the ship from the beach.

We pretty much snorkeled (brought our own) and floated (brought our own), and it was a fantastic day! 

On 5/7/2019 at 8:02 AM, mickiemac said:

We rented a clam shell and found it to be very hot. There was no ventilation so no cross breeze. I would choose a regular umbrella next time.

agreed, hate those things