Who do people book through?

suey

We have always booked through a travel agent but recently have heard that people are getting great deals through other places. I have signed up for Best Cruises newsletter but I am wondering if anyone can tell me of other places for good deals? Thanks! :)

hi Suey

We booked initially through p & o for an outside cabin on Aloha deck for $1656 each. We then decided that we wanted a suite - so I rang around. P & O wanted $3810 each and Globenet Travel wanted $2425 each so we transfered our booking to Globenet Travel.

Hope this helps

Cheers Rach

Haven't personally used them, but have signed up for their newsletters.

cruisemart.com.au, ecruising.com.au also bestcruises. although with the bestcruises i have gotten a few quotes from and only once they have been cheaper. Doesn't hurt to get the newsletters though.

We booked through our local TA. Never even considered anything else but after reading these boards I know better for next time.

Karen

I think it's a case of shopping around, I have tried P&O but I have always found them to be hopeless, so have always used the same TA. and have always done reasonably well, I got the special for N605 $800 and $1150 for N611.

I think it's a case of shopping around, I have tried P&O but I have always found them to be hopeless, so have always used the same TA. and have always done reasonably well, I got the special for N605 $800 and $1150 for N611.

It sounds like you got some great deals! did you book far in advance?

i think you are right you really need to shop around and there is always the possibility of a price match from your "favourite" ta:)

I wasn't thinking of P&O direct but more like best cruises etc. When you say you got N611 for $1150, I take it that means per person, 4 in a cabin? For that cruise we paid $7748 for 5 of us (in one cabin - 2 under 12). We did book 17 months in adavance for a couple of reasons. Maybe that's the problem.

Karen

It sounds like you got some great deals! did you book far in advance?

i think you are right you really need to shop around and there is always the possibility of a price match from your "favourite" ta:)

I paid the advertised price in 2002 but have always paid under it since but like I said I only use one travel agent even for land based holidays.(Although I have tried others but always went back to my regular TA)

I wasn't thinking of P&O direct but more like best cruises etc. When you say you got N611 for $1150, I take it that means per person, 4 in a cabin? For that cruise we paid $7748 for 5 of us (in one cabin - 2 under 12). We did book 17 months in adavance for a couple of reasons. Maybe that's the problem.

Karen

N605 booked 14/12/05, N611 booked 7/12/05, 4 berth cabins.

Edit. Yes per person.

We always booked through an agent until one added $100 per person to the booking deposit to cover their costs in case we cancelled prior to the payment of balance of fare! I know some others do this as well, but I would rather the money in my pocket; not theirs!

The past couple of cruises we have booked direct with P&O. I agree with "Gyyp" that they are hopeless but so are a lot of agents. At least with P&O you get instant answers without having to wait for the agent to ring on your behalf and then get back to you at their convenience.

That said, we still always shop around. Price is a major consideration when selecting s Company to handle your booking. Some places have specials that are just not available to every agent.

We used Best Cruises first time and they were good. Now we use Cruisemart because they are local. They give us really good deals. We have 3 current bookings with them (our 2 and our daughters honeymoon in September) and they now know us and treat us really well. Gayle

I gut i met next door on our cruise told me he booked through a friend who works for P&O. there were 6 other guys with him but 2 in each room...Paid $900!!!

i couldnt believe it

;) yeh, it's not what you know, but who you know sometimes isn't it. Lucky b*ggers.

Kerri

Some of the staff were saying that its possible to get free cruises for their family and friends during non peak times.

One of the bar staff said it was a great way for her to see her husband. She was Phillipino and said all she had to pay was for the airfare to Sydney and then the cruise was free... Unfortunately the airfare is still expsensive..

But if you had friends that lived in Sydney or Brisbane....

I think I need to become better friends with the cruise staff!!!

Dan

I booked through local TA. They ahd a brochure out the front with 2 for 1 deasl, so it was a done deal!

I rang P&O once, useless waste of phone call. If you have booked with a TA they must sort out any questions, P&O flatly refused.

I booked through local TA. They ahd a brochure out the front with 2 for 1 deasl, so it was a done deal!

I rang P&O once, useless waste of phone call. If you have booked with a TA they must sort out any questions, P&O flatly refused.

I've tried to get info from P&O and have always found them to be totally useless and arrogant, I think the only thing P&O phone staff do when dealing with the general public is drive people away.

Thanks guys for all your help. My problem is I always have to travel in school holidays and I am not game to wait for last minute deals in case I miss out. So I always book early and hope for an upgrade. :)

Travel agent, P & O, Travel agent. Just got in the mail today a welcome home note and 2 scratchy lottos from the TA. Didn't win anything though.

Sounds like you have a great travel agent who understands the true meaning of customer service including repeat business!! Our problem has been that we just break in a new TA and then they move to another more up market store too far away. Our TA should be very happy with us for our next cruise, what with the big group booking. Hopefully they will be just as good as they are with the small group!! Suey also like it because the bookings go under her name and she gets bonus points which one day may give her one free nights accom!!!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Our first cruise in November on the Sun was booked with http://www.cruisemart.com.au and we got a great deal a month before on main deck for a family of 5 for $4900 and we done the 3 islands of FIJI,Mew Caledonia and Vanuatu as well so it was good.

Our cruise in March on the Star we booked under http://www.globenettravel.com.au as we also heard they were good so they have been great till now.

I would recommend either one. I know that cruisemart give you a further $100 per person less on your next booking.

Hope this helps.

Anissa

Archived