Ventura "seaview" cabins

mike x ftc

I'm just looking at cruises on Ventura for next year and under the 'Seaview' option there is 'Obstructed',  'Partially Obstructed View' or 'Partially Obstructed'.   There is no option for a 'standard' seaview - I'm certain she has some on deck 5 but how on earth do you book them??  Am I missing something?? (apart from a view!!!)

44 minutes ago, mike x ftc said:

I'm just looking at cruises on Ventura for next year and under the 'Seaview' option there is 'Obstructed',  'Partially Obstructed View' or 'Partially Obstructed'.   There is no option for a 'standard' seaview - I'm certain she has some on deck 5 but how on earth do you book them??  Am I missing something?? (apart from a view!!!)

Deck 5 (also known as "P" deck) on Ventura is very low and all the windows here are not obstructed at all. Sometimes a cruise line calls windows on low decks like this partially obstructed because they are a smaller size but I think the ones on Ventura deck 5 are not smaller.  The main deck on which obstructed view cabins are situated is Deck 8 (also known as "E" deck) on this deck a mixture of obstructed and part-obstructed cabins are available some are not really obstructed at all in my opinion on this deck but need sorting out.  There are also four forward facing cabins on Deck 15 (also known as Lido deck) these last few are a multitude of shapes and sizes. I have sailed in L102 smallest cabin on ship and it is an easily acceptable size but hardly ever booked early on.  

If you want to get a good idea of what the view is like from each cabin I use Renmar's site and Ventura is same as Crown, Emerald and Ruby Princess in layout.  Search that site for E deck and Lido deck under the Crown/Emerald/Ruby section where they have photographic views out the window of cabins by cabin number in sections, just scroll down the photos to any cabin you are interested in.  It is a pretty accurate assessment in my opinion.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/crown-princess

Regards John

Edited by john watson

1 hour ago, mike x ftc said:

Forgot to mention that there are two aft facing cabins on the stern with full sea views on Riviera deck on Ventura (equivalent cabins on Azura have balconies!).  Stayed in one of these and they are larger with beds in a different layout.  Very good cabins.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Thanks for your reply John.  I have stayed in the obstructed ones on E deck but I'm just not sure why the option is not there for a 'normal' window on Ventura when they are available if you look at cruises for Azura.

20 minutes ago, mike x ftc said:

Thanks for your reply John.  I have stayed in the obstructed ones on E deck but I'm just not sure why the option is not there for a 'normal' window on Ventura when they are available if you look at cruises for Azura.

I expect it lowers people's expectations when they think an obstructed view is what they are getting but then is more open.  The views vary enormously and it takes a lot of resources to classify them all individually.  If you start from an obstructed expectation it will lead to better feedback and happier passengers in theory.  On the old Adonia Renaissance "R" class ships the lowest two decks were similar to P deck on that ship's lowest two decks but the lowest deck's windows were smaller than the one above.  Because of the the lowest deck was designated obstructed on the basis that the window frame blocked some of the view which would not be the case on the deck above.

Regards John

Edited by john watson