South America

Bsanr

My husband and I are planning a South America Cruise and we are trying to decide between Princess and Holland America. We have many Princess Cruises under our belly but have never cruised Holland. The itineraries are very similar but it seems that Holland has better scenic cruise days- Glacier Alley, Canal Sarmiento and the Chilean Fjords. Can anyone tell me if Princess Cruises by these sites also or is it a Holland thing? Any advice/opinions welcome!!

We did one on a Princess ship two years ago.  Yes, we did scenic cruises in Glacier Alley, and the Chilean fjords. Not sure about Canal Sarmiento.  Of course, that does not mean that the itinerary has been changed over past two years.

We followed pricing on HAL, Princess, and Celebrity.  As I recall all three had  similar itineraries.  There were large differences between pricing over time as their pricing algorithms changed. We eventually bought Princess because their price was very good, and more importantly they had a one day sale with Canadian at par that saved us another 30 percent.

Edited by iancal

37 minutes ago, Bsanr said:

My husband and I are planning a South America Cruise and we are trying to decide between Princess and Holland America. We have many Princess Cruises under our belly but have never cruised Holland. The itineraries are very similar but it seems that Holland has better scenic cruise days- Glacier Alley, Canal Sarmiento and the Chilean Fjords. Can anyone tell me if Princess Cruises by these sites also or is it a Holland thing? Any advice/opinions welcome!!

Would you not get more info from posting this on the Princess forum?  Or have you?