Tampa Airport/Pier Cab Fare

mnsawyer

Hi - just wondering how much we can expect the cab fare to be from the airport to an airport hotel, hotel to the pier and pier to airport. I am assuming approximately $20 each way? Will be just two of us. Also, doesn't Carnival offer a shuttle from the pier to the airport? What is the cost? Haven't firmed up a hotel but thinking about Priceline and if we get a hotel near the airport that doesn't have a shuttle, wondering how much more it's going to add to our cost.

Thanks!

Carnival does have a shuttle, but they told me it would be $35 pp. I thought that was a bit high, and I hate those buses where you have to sit and wait for "enough" people to get off their planes. We too are looking for private transportation or else we'll take a cab. I would be interested to hear any recommendations.

It seems to be as we were leaving the pier that it was maybe $9 per adult and $5 per kid to airport or maybe it was $9 for first person and $5 per additional, not sure, but I remember the $9 and $5 on a sign.

We booked with Doubletree Westshore. They provided free shuttle from airport to hotel, hotel to pier, and pier back to airport after cruise. Depending on how many people you need to transport, it might be worth it (it was for the 5 of us-kids stay free at their hotel). It took them 5-10 min to get to airport to pick us up and we did not wait for anyone else. In fact we arrived with my sister and her kids, so I told them 8 people and they sent 2 vans to airport to pick us up. We picked a shuttle time and that was about 20 min late leaving for pier, but again no waiting until it filled up.

It was no more than 15 min from when I called from pier after our cruise until they picked us up at pier. Highly recomend them. We got a govt rate since my dh works for state of NC and it was $84 for the night. It also was a nice hotel.

AIRPORT SHUTTLE SERVICEBay Shuttle - Serving Hillsborough County(866) 259-9929 or (813) 259-9998Service is provided from the Commercial Ground Transportation Quadrants located at all four corners of the Baggage Claim Level. Discounts for additional members of a group going to the same address and children. Rates include up to 3 pieces of luggage. See the representative in the kiosk for details. Tampa - Destinations Downtown/Hotels$11 Busch Gardens/USF$24 Port of Tampa$11

Archived