IONA cabins

smokey01

Hi,

Hope someone can help as I have just had an Indy of the Seas cruise cancelled for Oct 2020 and now I am looking at re-booking on Iona but I am a bit confused about cabins.

We would want either a balcony, deluxe balcony or conservatory mini-suite. We often book guarantee but I see that there are cabins on the promenade deck. I presume that means no proper balcony but instead we could have people walking passed our patio door?

Also do the deluxe / conservatory mini-suites have a bath?

Is there any good source of photos for the different balcony cabins i.e. standard/deluxe as the photo on the P&O site that I found is the same for both cabin grades.

Has anyone got any other tips on cabin location deck wise if we go with a Select fare?

I phoned P&O when I was looking at cabins on Iona as I was concerned about the promenade deck cabins. They told me the cabins are higher than the prom and people passing could not see in. When I questioned this I was told the cabins will have privacy glass but yes the balcony will have the prom deck in front. I booked a higher deck in the next grade up as I didn’t want to take a chance.

On 5/15/2019 at 8:02 AM, smokey01 said:

Hi,

Hope someone can help as I have just had an Indy of the Seas cruise cancelled for Oct 2020 and now I am looking at re-booking on Iona but I am a bit confused about cabins.

We would want either a balcony, deluxe balcony or conservatory mini-suite. We often book guarantee but I see that there are cabins on the promenade deck. I presume that means no proper balcony but instead we could have people walking passed our patio door?

Is there any good source of photos for the different balcony cabins i.e. standard/deluxe as the photo on the P&O site that I found is the same for both cabin grades.

Has anyone got any other tips on cabin location deck wise if we go with a Select fare?

Hi, the only cabins that have baths are suites on Iona. Deck 9 is probably the best deck for a conservatory mini suite :)

On 5/15/2019 at 8:02 AM, smokey01 said:

Hi,

I take it that you know the ship is being built now and therefore there will be a lack of knowledge about cabins and locations.

The images you can see are only computer generated and may or may not be accurate. We are still a year away from the first sailings when of course much more will be revealed. The representation of the full suite is very much like those on Britannia and if you do an internet search you can see plenty photos of Britannia.