Concerns regarding Arcadia

Dustybin

Hi

hoping someone can help, never cruised with P&O, before and iv read some reviews on other sites that state that it’s dirty, food poor and service below standard, this has worried me as we have booked for our honeymoon. Has anyone been on her recently?

Any help would be appreciated

thank you

Hi, Try not to worry we have been on arcardia  last year it was fine we have also read negative reviews  we are a little concerned but often reviews can be taken as one persons bad expererience keeping fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this and thought I'd add my opinions to maybe put your mind at ease.

Got off Arcadia on Sunday 26th., 

Yes the poor girl is looking tired, there were a few plumbing issues ( slow drinking off the  bath, one afternoon/evening we had only warm water, not hot in the shower but in fairness there was a team on board doing some work with pipe work.

there were also a few buckets in weird places due to an odd leak or two. We took a 'short cut'  past cabins on deck 8 from the stern forward to our cabin, we were barefoot and noticed damp patches in the carpet. At some points they had vacuums and blow driers going to help dry things out.

The issues above sound awful and my observations but actually made no real difference to the enjoyment of the cruise, we were blessed by the weather, the staff in general were lovely, helpful and relatively efficient. 

Food served was usually hot and sufficient for normal humans, although the names of some dishes sounded exotic they were bland but to be fair they're catering for the masses. Excellent curries are to be found in the buffet late on though.

our cabin as the most of the ship was immaculately clean, it was my first impression on our first day....yes there are some worn parts but everything was spotless. 

Linen, towels, carpet in our cabin were lovely....I even checked under the sheets and bed..out of curiosity of course and everything was spot on.

we've been fortunate to enjoy different ships and cruise lines and the only things that really let this cruise down in my opinion was 'Harmony'  a duet which weren't as good as they thought they were, the brass section of the ships orchestra and some of our fellow passengers - the usual 'snap of the fingers - I've been everywhere sort'

P.S. The average age of the passengers on this cruise was 65, this may make a difference to you if you're young (if only 'at heart') 

Thank you so much for replying yes it has put my mind at ease, I do worry ,  as for the age thing we are 48 and 50, so youngsters of the pack 😁😁 but a cruise is what you make it isn’t it and to me cleanliness far out ways a few buckets.

I'm sure if you've a mind to, you'll enjoy the cruise. 

If you're into entertainment most of the Headliner shows are worth the 40 minutes out of your day - the average time of each performance. The Rising Sun gets busy in the evenings so if you're a pub goer , go early.

She's a nice ship,  I was pleasantly surprised - we could have made more of it but it was our 'care in the community' week so had the mother  law with us - we'd certainly consider another cruise on board (but without the MiL!)

We have been on Arcadia twice,  inc half worldie in 2012.   We are also on her next March, Singapore to Southampton.  Sure she is a bit creaky these days, but my experience of her is that she is generally well maintained.  She has had a couple of major refurbs in the past few years.

Thanks for the comments re Arcadia condition.

Edited by NSWP