Does it matter what side for one-way Alaska cruise?

p0mpey

Looking at Vancouver to Seaward(?) one-way on Radiance. All the cabins available at my online TA in our price range is on the port side. Is that bad for views? Or is it fantastic whichever side? Have been told a balcony is a must. Agree?

I agree with Doug. We did the southbound cruise on Vision last year. Doing the northbound on Radiance this year. Spectacular views from either side.

But for a northbound cruise most people would consider starboard side the "preferred" side so it will sell out first.

Yes, a balcony is a must for an Alaskan cruise (in my opinion). (But then a balcony is a must for any cruise for me. :p)

While I agree that it makes not differance when transiting the inside passage and when going into the ports, when the open sea is to the west, I certainly prefer facing the land. Some great views in those areas from only that side of the ship. By the way, if you check you will see that the land side of the ship sells out first and the last minute reduced prices will almost always be on the sea side, especially the balconies.

Enjoy!

I had always wondered about side of ship as well.

Can anyone tell me what month's are best, as I've heard that daylight can be limited at times, or possibly TOO plentiful at other times. THANX

June and July will have the most hours of daylight. The cruise season generally runs from mid to late May until mid September. Check out the US Navy website that will provide you with the exact times of sunrise and sunset for any particular day in various Alaska cities: http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneDay.html

Archived