Bliss, Alaska, and Top Deck Fun

stevendom57

Planning an Alaskan cruise on the Bliss in September. Looking at all of the videos the water slides and go-cart track look awesome. But can these be done up in the frigid north? It seems like walking around, soaking wet in Alaska would not be fun. Are there any covered pools?

Steven 

9 minutes ago, stevendom57 said:

Planning an Alaskan cruise on the Bliss in September. Looking at all of the videos the water slides and go-cart track look awesome. But can these be done up in the frigid north? It seems like walking around, soaking wet in Alaska would not be fun. Are there any covered pools?

The pools are outdoors. Last year, we cruised on June 2nd on the Bliss. The pools and hot tubs were used daily. The pools, waterslides, water features in the Spice H20 are all heated. The only covered pools are in the Haven (if the roof is closed) and the Thermal Suite Spa. 

You do realize that slightly later in the season, it's shorts and t-shirt weather in the Bliss ports of call. It isn't snowing. 

In June, we were in shorts on deck most days. 

Doing the Bliss on June 9th to Alaska.  I read the pools are only open when in port, or only when not in port, I can't remember.  Is that true?

Short on deck in June?  This is a ray of hope for me.  I've been planning 50's, rain and winter coats.  Now I have to rethink all my packing?  LOL  

The pools were open the whole time as far as I could tell - well closed at night like normal. The slides were usually open around 12-5. Not many on - and the workers running the slides were bundled up! But this was on the May 5 cruise. The hot tubs were the only thing consistently used. 

I saw an article that was forecasting warm sunny days for western Canada/Alaska so if that pans out the pools and slides might see a lot of use. 

Edited by smplybcause