Western Carib. weather

cruise fairy

We're sailing the Western in March. What is the weather like most days? What are sea conditions typically like that time of year?

Some folks have been talking about GC port not being available. Is this permanent, or would it be open in March? :confused:

I'm wondering, too. I'm going in April and it sounds like there can be some rain. Is this true? Do I need rain gear? We will be doing the 4x4 land rover river cave trip and I want to be ready for mud if needed.

We're sailing the Western in March. What is the weather like most days? What are sea conditions typically like that time of year?

Some folks have been talking about GC port not being available. Is this permanent, or would it be open in March? :confused:

I have a home on Grand Cayman and just retruned from there last week. The port IS NOT CLOSED. It is a Princess decision not to dock there. Occasionaly, the port will shut down temporarily due to high seas, but this is a rare occurence.

For some reason I do not understand, there are posters on this board who continue to state that Grand Cayman is "damaged", or that the dock "needs work". This is simply not true. Yes, there was a huricane in 2004, but most of the Island has been built back even better than pre-Ivan.

Grand Cayman is an extremely popular and therefore extremely busy port.

Last I heard, ships tender to GC rather than "docking." Also, it's so popular that some ships are now altering their itinerary so that their passengers aren't there with thousands of other cruisers.

As for weather, if anyone could predict weather a few weeks in advance, they'd make millions. There's no way to know or predict the weather. Your best bet is to check the temperature averages and hope for the best.

Archived