Booking dining online

phoenix1975

Hi

I'm new to NCL and can see that I can book my dining online for the speciality restaurants - I have the 3 cover charge package as part of my booking. Customer Services are telling me that I should be able to book the restaurants once I have booked (which was a while ago now) but going on any of these restaurants, it just says 'Not available to book'. Do I need to have completed online check-in first to be able to access these, or is there another reason why I can't book anything?

Another dining query - I'm travelling alone, if I decide once I'm on board I want to go to another speciality restaurant, can they usually find space for a solo traveller or do the restaurants get booked up so if I haven't planned in advance I'm unlikely to be accommodated?

Thanks 🙂

Once the specialty restaurants book up even a solo traveler will not be able to get a space.

You can start booking your reservations 90 out from the date of your cruise.

I have one booked and paid for in full for October and I still cannot book anything.

SPECIALTY DINING

ntc_countdown_dining.jpg
Starting 90 days prior to your sail date, you can Log In to My NCL to reserve your specialty dining for every night of your cruise. You can also make dinner reservations on board the ship.

Edited by pixiedust777

13 minutes ago, phoenix1975 said:

Thanks - it's less than 60 days before I go on the cruise though and it's said the same thing since I've booked. 

I see from your posting history that you are on the Epic.

There have been various reports of people not being able to book meals on the Epic due to a glitch. I don't know what the current situation is with that, but this could be the issue. It may be worth looking at the roll call for your sailing and see if anyone else has been able to book anything online.

Alternatively, they may have sold out for online bookings (although I would be surprised if absolutely everywhere had). If that was the case then you can make bookings onboard.

I would call and try to book online if you don't want to wait until you are onboard. If it is the system glitch then I believe they can do it if you phone.

Edited by KeithJenner

19 minutes ago, pixiedust777 said:

Once the specialty restaurants book up even a solo traveler will not be able to get a space.

You can start booking your reservations 90 out from the date of your cruise.

I have one booked and paid for in full for October and I still cannot book anything.

SPECIALTY DINING

ntc_countdown_dining.jpg
Starting 90 days prior to your sail date, you can Log In to My NCL to reserve your specialty dining for every night of your cruise. You can also make dinner reservations on board the ship.

It is actually 120 days, so you will be able to book yours any time now.

• Like 1

I’m in the same .... boat. Not really but I booked last minute on the Escape for Sunday, and I really want a reservation for Cagneys but it says not available to book. I guess all online reservations are done, but I remember that you can also reserve more spots they hold on the ship. I used to use the NCL app on board to reserve, I plan to connect to ship WiFi once I’m checked in and still waiting to board and finish reservations that way.

• Like 1

Having the same issue. We’re booked on the Bliss and Haven guests are supposed to be able to book specialty dining 130 days out according to NCL but we can only book the first night. Nothing else. The Concierge desk told me that it was fleet wide with a glitch and that they were having the same issue. Will see what happens when we reach the normal 120 day period.

One thing that I have found in my thirty plus years of cruising is that cruise lines cannot develop decent websites.😉

Yesterday, I was looking to book speciality restaurants on the Epic for a sailing in 49 days, but all the restaurants said "Not available to book". Instead I simply rang NCL UK and booked them over the phone and then received the E-mail confirmation