Carnival NOLA Post-Cruise Excursion

Rlynng

Has anyone done the Carnival post-cruise excursion that ultimately drops you at the airport?  I know they will hold your luggage for you, but do they drop you off in downtown (French Quarter NOLA)?  I assumed they did, let you wander around for a few hours, then took you to the airport.  I just read a review on the Carnival website where the writer said they had to walk from the port to the French Quarter. Is this true?  Do they only transport you from downtown to the airport?

Would appreciate any information

• Like 1

You can check your luggage at the port for the day or even have then send your luggage to the airport: 

http://www.advancecheckin.com

In terms of the walk from the port to the French Quarter, you're talking about 2 blocks.  If that seems too much, grab a taxi and have them take you where you want to go.  Getting around the French Quarter is very easy.  You can set your own plans, choose somewhere to eat lunch, see the sights on your own for very little money.  

On 6/8/2019 at 2:13 PM, SuiteTraveler said:

You can check your luggage at the port for the day or even have then send your luggage to the airport: 

http://www.advancecheckin.com

In terms of the walk from the port to the French Quarter, you're talking about 2 blocks.  If that seems too much, grab a taxi and have them take you where you want to go.  Getting around the French Quarter is very easy.  You can set your own plans, choose somewhere to eat lunch, see the sights on your own for very little money.  

I think the walk is much longer than that, especially if you are on Carnival at the Erato Terminal. Plus, some of that walk is not really pedestrian friendly, unless you go upstairs into the mall. The FQ is another several blocks past the Hilton Riverside.

3 hours ago, dctravel said:

I think the walk is much longer than that, especially if you are on Carnival at the Erato Terminal. Plus, some of that walk is not really pedestrian friendly, unless you go upstairs into the mall. The FQ is another several blocks past the Hilton Riverside.

I've always considered Harrah's the borderline corner to the French Quarter and it's only a 15 minute walk from the Erato Terminal or .8 of a mile.  However you have missed my point which is no one needs to pay for a tour of the French Quarter when it is so very easy to do it on your own and more enjoyable as you can walk and see the sights you actually want to see and if you get tired, you can get a pedal cab or taxi or stop in at a restaurant or bar.  There is just no need to pay for a tour of the French Quarter at all.