B2B Cruises

muscleman

Ive gone B2B twice - both on Voyager. Once I had to debark (our luggage stayed on), and then go through the same check in process. No customs or immigration though. That was 2001.

Most recently in Oct, I stayed right on the ship. I went to Guest Relations early on the last morning of the first cruise, got my new SeaPass, and just hung out while the old pax left and the new ones boarded. Very convenient and interesting to see a bit of behind the scenes as the cruises transition.

Im sailing B2B again 1/28 and 2/4; I can repost after that and let you know what it goes.

We just did a B2B in Sept on the Empress. We booked the same cabin which we found out on CC is the best way to do it if possible. We did not have to leave our cabin early when we came back into port. We went to breakfast around 9:00, our room servant was aware we were staying on board, she told us to just relax. We heard on this board that you would be notified the night before what to expect. Well we never were advised anything. The Loyal Ambassador saw us that morning, we had spoken during the cruise, she told us to go to the pursers office and wait for the immigration officer. He came and met us, took us off the ship and signed all our papers again, back on the ship in 5 minutes. We had the ship to ourselves the rest of the morning. Some cruisers have said they have a private lunch, give you something in your room, we had nothing like that. It was a wonderful experience just to see how fast they turn around a ship for the next cruise. Any specific questions just ask.

We have done about 3 BTB and they were each different and wonderful at the same time. On one they gave us a special luch. On another, they gave us special gifts and a upgraded coupon book. There was a bit of confusion on the last and we were given a free Chops meal and champage.(SP). We have 2 BTBs booked for 06. They also gave a pep talk to the crew via loudspeaker and identified all the C&A passengers that were about to board..Really interesting.. Not by names but by totals in each class.. Have a ball on your BTB....:)

I believe you have confused customs and immigration. Immigration is responsible for who enters the United States. Customs is responsible for what enters the United States.

Between B2Bs you must clear immigration. Not customs.

You will turn in your custom's form, at the end of the cruise, after you pick up your luggage and are departing the cruise ship terminal.

Archived