Was your experience on the Breakaway better or worse than anticipated and why?

danak13

We've sailed the BA, GA and the Jewel and have to say for us the BA is our favorite.  Since the GA is almost identical I have to say it was probably the itinerary that made us fall in love with the BA.  Thank goodness we gave cruising another try after our Jewel cruise because we didn't like that ship at all.  I guess what it comes down to is you, do you like the mega ships or a small ship.  We loved the BA and never found it crowded and that's with sailing in July. 

Now that I have vented, I do want to say that the cabin is one of the best we have ever sailed in, H6 419 sq ft/ 236sq ft balcony. Double sink and a large walk-in shower,  that is a pleasure to use, with a view until it fogs up.  Plenty of drawers and 3 clothes closets. A very accommodating butler for all room service needs, who told us from the on set not to call room service call him instead. Yes, the smell of stale cigarette smoke permeates the entire 3 floors and restaurants around the open air atrium, yet I did not see anyone smoking. I think this is the reason NCL developed The Waterfront, so diners could avoid the smell outside on deck. I thought I could avoid this problem by taking all my meals in the Haven and I am. I was just sold a bait and switch story by the  NCL/CC cheerleaders on having any specialty restaurant meal in the Haven. Apparently , I must have run into one of you in the Haven last night. Buyer beware when it comes to any posting on these boards, even mine.  I am learning that there are a few truly discerning posters that frequent multiple boards with accurate insight and are an asset to CC and its members. The rest are shills that perhaps do receive these perks and do not realize the general paying passenger does not. Thank you for your attention.