Cheers & Room Swapping

buckeyefrank

I have a cruise booked with two rooms for September.  We strategically placed my son and I in 1 room since he is the only person under 21 on this trip.  The drink package for myself is fully bought and paid for.  My wife and daughter are booked in the other room do not drink much so I will cash flow their drinks.   I will be switching rooms with my daughter once on the ship.  

My question is this.  Is there a way to switch the rooms prior to embarkation?  The last thing I want to do is have to deal with guest services and the 75 person deep line when I get onboard.  We are not booked ES but I don't know if their system is flagged to prevent this or if the agents at the pier would notice.  Any thoughts?

Thanks.

If you switch names on your booking all excursions, packages, reservations, and in cabin gifts purchased in Manage my Booking associated with the 2 names involved are returned to inventory with a refund being posted 7 -21 days back to your original form of payment for the service, and you need to repurchase them under the new booking configuration. Certain things like excursions may not show up as being available to the switched names until a day or 2 later and if like in the case of Cheers there is a requirement for all in the cabin that are of age the repurchased will not be able to be made without including the other occupant(s).

The on board crew does not care which cabin you ultimately sleep in, as long as you don't exceed the room occupancy level done at the time of booking, so you do not need to switch rooms. So what you do is tag your checked luggage for the cabin you plan to occupy so they are delivered there, and once the GS line is small (like after dinner) go with all adults involved and ask for duplicate cabin only key cards. 

• Like 2