Athens: Buying Tickets for the Acropolis in June

lks1512

Hi. Wondering how long the queue generally is for the Acropolis during the end of June.  It was suggested we don't buy tickets in advance because we have a 15 year old with us and he would receive a discount, but must show his id in person. Since we are only in Athens for a day, I thought it might be better to just buy the tickets without the discount because I don't want to spend the time queuing - but maybe the lines aren't as bad as I am imagining?

Thank you!

You say you are there for one day. If it is only a cruise day and you have to buy the tickets when you get there, yes, the lines can be that bad.  Buy it ahead of time.  

If you are staying in Athens overnight, you can buy your tickets in person the evening before when the lines will be short.  Just get to the ticket booth about one hour before the Acropolis closes and specify the tickets are for tomorrow

44 minutes ago, marazul said:

You say you are there for one day. If it is only a cruise day and you have to buy the tickets when you get there, yes, the lines can be that bad.  Buy it ahead of time.  

If you are staying in Athens overnight, you can buy your tickets in person the evening before when the lines will be short.  Just get to the ticket booth about one hour before the Acropolis closes and specify the tickets are for tomorrow

Thank you!  One day on a cruise stop, so I will get tickets in advance.

3 hours ago, lks1512 said:

Thank you!  One day on a cruise stop, so I will get tickets in advance.

Have you considered doing a group private tour? We just returned last month and used PK Travel for their full day in Athens. They had pre-purchased our tickets so no standing in line (even though we got there very early to avoid the lines, crowds & heat). Amazing tour we saw and did much more than we ever thought we could on our port stop.

45 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Have you considered doing a group private tour? We just returned last month and used PK Travel for their full day in Athens. They had pre-purchased our tickets so no standing in line (even though we got there very early to avoid the lines, crowds & heat). Amazing tour we saw and did much more than we ever thought we could on our port stop.

Thank you, we are actually doing a private group tour with George's Taxis - they had just suggested that we wait to get the discounted tickets because my son is 15 - but we need to do that in person because he has to show proof of age/student status.  I don't think a discount is worth the wait for the line!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rbolano said:

The best choise it to get the Acropolis tickets online - they are sold only via the official website:    www.etickets.tap.gr

Not if you are entitled to a discount !!!

• 2 months later...

This may be too late for the OP, but per their website there is a new skip the line gate where you can go with free entrance beneficiaries.  So you purchase your tickets online for those that don't get free admission, and in this line you prove age for those who can enter for free, and get in without having to do the regular line.

https://etickets.tap.gr/webengines/tap_b2c/english/tap.exe?PM=P2