Solo cruising for Dec. 2019

samsnj

Well, I'm a solo HAL cruiser but I don't exactly understand your question.  Don't know if you mean you're curious if HAL (and/or Princess) have a friendly atmosphere for solos or if they plan events specifically for solos or what? 

I see that you've already asked this on the Solo Cruisers board but you put it as a reply under the Solo Cruisers Roll Call thread.  It's likely to be overlooked on that thread. If I were you I believe that you'd get a better response if you went back to the Solo Cruisers board and began a new thread with your question -- as you did here.  In the body of your message you also might mention the aspects of solo cruising for which you are specifically seeking answers.  There are many delightful people on the Solo Cruisers board who have lots of experience with solo trips on many cruise lines and are always willing to offer a world of help to folks with questions.

Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, samsnj said:

Was wondering if Holland America or Princess are better for solo cruising events. Have been on NCL so I know about that one!

What do you mean by "events"? Are you talking about singles cruises? I've never heard of HAL having such a thing, although I guess a singles group could charter a ship for a singles cruise... but again have not heard of any of HAL's ships having such a group. 

I do not know about 2019, but prior to that, every HAL cruise (approx. 20) I sailed on had at least one singles/solo cruiser event;    On longer cruises - more.  They can range from a simple social gathering with coffee/tea and cookies to cocktail parties, special lunches, etc.  I even think they had a get-together for singles/solos on the one week Alaska cruises, but certainly not the number that a Grand Voyage would have.  Since most of my cruises (both as a solo cruiser  and with my husband) have been over 20 days - my information primarily relates to such.  What determines the number of events?  I would say that it primarily relates to how many folks show an interest in participating.  It may also be related to the person assigned to "run" such events.