Glacier Safari Hike in Skagway

ifihadamilliondollars

I did a little detective work and looked through the pictures on this site (https://skagwayshoretours.com/tour/glacier-point-wilderness-safari/) and there appear to be people wearing backpacks. Some people in the reviews also said to pack a change of socks and a snack so it seems like you can probably take a backpack.

Edited by SeaofStars

I did this excursion last June. From what I recall, when we got to the location where we put on our life vests and boots, we were told we could leave our backpacks sitting on the benches there while we did the canoe trip over to the glacier. Someone remained behind to protect them. Here's a picture I took of the participants. I can see only two people who decided not to leave their backpacks behind and put them on top of their life vests. I know I left mine, and I just wore my camera around my neck.

_P1060594RAW.thumb.jpg.c59b4edeed3b6c2a48e3c9e00cb6db77.jpg

I'm with the poster above, we didn't bring any backpacks. I'm sure we grabbed our wallets/money and just put them in jacket zipper pockets. But we also didn't bring much with us. We didn't bring any extra socks or snacks either. And just to add, this was one of our favorite excursions! The guides are awesome, so much fun!

And looking at ourselves, not seeing any bags, and these are the boots.

_MG_3707.jpg